4 replies to this topic

#1 bunktheclown

bunktheclown

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 11:20 AM

Merry x-mas all. My wife got me a beeman Mach 12.5 .22 for Christmas and it is an absolute beast , loud, heavy, inaccurate. Anyway I am going to send it back to cabelas and would like your recommendations on what to replace it with.I have narrowed it down to the Benjamin blue streak or the Benjamin Trail NP. I also like the RWS model 34 but it only comes in .177.Any suggestions for a .20 or .22 cal springer or air for around $250?thanks-jb

#2 4RHUNTS

4RHUNTS

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
  • Interests:Hunting for varmints, two and four legged varieties, deer, pigs, birds, reloading, and fishing.

Posted 27 December 2010 - 11:29 AM

http://www.midsouths...ku=000622166205 Just got this and am really happy with it. And I do see the RWS 34 in 22 ca. also. http://www.midsouths...ku=000622166165

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,478 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 27 December 2010 - 11:30 AM

I like the Blue Streak of the two you mentioned. A multi pump is hard to beat for good cheap and fun shooting. They can be very loud though. Also they make some good scope mounts for them. We've had some members that have had fair luck with some of the Gamo's in your price range. Do a search on here for Gamo and see if any of those would do.I'm sure others will add more to this and give you some ideas.Good luck and let us know what you get.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#4 bunktheclown

bunktheclown

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 11:57 AM

Both my kids have the gamo big cat 1200 and they shoot just ok. Looking something accurate out to 50 yards for squirrel control :D-jb

#5 bunktheclown

bunktheclown

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 10:06 AM

Damn, can't see the links as they are "blocked" from our company network.What is the first one?I am leaning twords the RWS 34 in .22 as I can get it pretty cheap without the scope then add a 3-9X40 later. I have read about getting an adjustable mount to correct barrel droop? What is barrel droop and why do I need an adjustable mount? if I get the combo does it come with the adjustable mount?thanks again!thanks -jb

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users