#1 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 23 December 2010 - 06:53 PM

I was wondering if any one has made a real good pellet trap for shooting around the house?
Raith Heryford's Guide Service  Salmon, Trout & Steel Head | Striper, Sturgeon & Shad | Duck & Goose HuntingYuba /Sutter Northern CaliforniaCALL 530-870-2697 or emailQuit blowing on the Fur and get to the Hide.

#2 pete

pete

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Hiking, Fishing, Construction, Water Polo, Swimming, Boat Building, Shooting.

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:19 PM

Look up at the top of the page. ShooterJohn pinned plans on how to make one.

#3 MikeNC

MikeNC

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 04:12 AM

I simply find a dumpster where some new construction is going on and find some remnant plywood. I cut them to about 2X2 square and fasten about three of them together. Kind of heavy, but works well for quite awhile and the price is right.

#4 ratassassin

ratassassin

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts
  • Interests:Handloading, hunting, target shooting.

Posted 24 December 2010 - 06:00 AM

I built a 5-sided box out of 3/4" plywood that's 1 foot wide by 1 foot high by 2 feet deep. The back has an additional piece of 3/4" plywood for a total of 1.5" to be sure nothing escapes. But no pellets ever get that far. I filled it with 1 foot square pieces of scrap carpet, then put a 2" strip of plywood across the top and bottom of the open end which faces you. This allows me to attach a paper target to it with push pins. It's quiet, safe and I can shoot 10 yards inside the garage with it.

#5 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,305 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 24 December 2010 - 08:43 AM

Those are some good ideas. But one thing I definitely suggest is that if using trap is to have a piece of at least 10 gauge or 1/8th inch steel in the back of your trap. Especially with todays high powered and very accurate PCP's it's very easy to drive a single hole right through a trap in short order. I know I have gone though one of mine and luckily it stopped in a door. I shoot allot inside the house in the winter for off hand practice. It's great fun and cheap trigger time. Have fun and be safe.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#6 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 24 December 2010 - 10:31 AM

Thanks Pete I just went and looked at the top of the page. Shooter Johns pellet trap is what I am going to build. I can get a used electrical box at work from one of our remodel projects and fill it with putty. We use that putty all the time to seal ducts and conduits. That is a good plan for a pellet trap John. Thanks for sharing.
Raith Heryford's Guide Service  Salmon, Trout & Steel Head | Striper, Sturgeon & Shad | Duck & Goose HuntingYuba /Sutter Northern CaliforniaCALL 530-870-2697 or emailQuit blowing on the Fur and get to the Hide.

#7 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 24 December 2010 - 10:34 AM

I made this trap 3 years ago. Got materials at Home Depot...The 'trap' itself made from a 12" 'square to round' sheetmetal duct with an 8" dia cap. Then I fit 12"x12"x1/4" plywood that fits 3" back (inside). That left space for two layers of electrical duct seal (I" thick x 2 1/2"" x 6" bricks). I then glue or staple my targets to card board which fit against the duct seal. The duct seal (2 layers) stops my pellets shot from my 30 FPE .22 cal air rifle (25 yards). Posted ImageI used foam from can just to fill void between plywood and 8" end cap. Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 CBR400RR

CBR400RR

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycle racing, airguns, my family, hunting.

Posted 28 December 2010 - 07:33 PM

I made a silent pellet trap but mine is 8" thick with steel plate in the back as my Rapid is very accurate and has a lot of power.

.177 Custom 1377c, .177 TX200 MKIII, .177 FWB 300su .177 R.A.W. TM1000, .22 M-Rod tuned, .22 AA S410 - SL XTRA FAC, .22 Theoben Rapid MKII AZ tuned, .25 Daystate Air Ranger tuned, .25 HM1000x, FX Boss .30

#9 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 28 December 2010 - 10:45 PM

Is that the same steel cabinet you used before..?? That one was trick..!!

#10 CBR400RR

CBR400RR

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycle racing, airguns, my family, hunting.

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:45 PM

Yep same one just thicker then before lol

.177 Custom 1377c, .177 TX200 MKIII, .177 FWB 300su .177 R.A.W. TM1000, .22 M-Rod tuned, .22 AA S410 - SL XTRA FAC, .22 Theoben Rapid MKII AZ tuned, .25 Daystate Air Ranger tuned, .25 HM1000x, FX Boss .30

#11 rws34hunter

rws34hunter

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and cooking

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:36 PM

Hi,
I am new to the CPC and just wanted to share my pellet trap that I made with some left over plywood and a 2x4'. The electrical duct seal from Home Depot was the most expensive part of the build (10 blocks @ $2.48/block).

Does anyone know how to attach an image? I drag my image into the body of the text but it's not showing up here. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users