• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 15 December 2010 - 12:00 PM

I just got word that the new Hawke Varmint scopes are in and ready for shipment. I am ordering the new HK5135, 6-24 X 44 for my .204 AR build. Here is the scoop on the others. Please tell me what you want because I don't even have them up on the web store yet. I am still waiting for official product photos.HK5132 - 2.5 - 10 X 44 - $149.99HK5133 - 3-12 X 44 - $159.99HK5134 - 4-16 X 44 - $169.99HK5135 - 6-24 X 44 - $199.00All of our pricing is way below retail and the lowest pricing an official Hawke dealer can offer. All scopes are 1" tubes and feature 1/2 Mil-Dot reticles and side focus knobs. All scope reticles are compatible with the free Hawke ballistic drop program. The Hawke worldwide lifetime warranty is included. These are very nice scopes and I am sure you'll be impressed. E-mail or PM me with questionsRed
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." Winston Churchill

#2 fyrewil

fyrewil

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 02:53 PM

Red, Put me down for (1) HK5135 - 6-24 X 44 for my BrotherLet me know how you would like to take care of the transaction.Thanks :signlol2iu: :good:

#3 Rob

Rob

The Varmint Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 05:15 AM

OK Ladies and Gents...Red put mine in the mail early this morning!Is this him?Time waits for no varmints!

#4 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 07:14 AM

Gull dang it!!! I told my wife that my glamor photo was just for her eyes only. Dang Facebook!!I did make a mistake on the new Varmint SF scope pricing. The correct prices for the HK5135 - 6-24 X 44 - is $179.00 from RedHunterLLC. Here are a few photos.For more info on the brand new Varmint SF scopes, pleas visit the RedHunterLLC store and read all about them. Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." Winston Churchill

#5 Lucy06

Lucy06

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Archery, Shooting, Snowboarding, Mountain Biking and Furums of Course.

Posted 17 December 2010 - 07:53 AM

I have never heard of Hawke Optics. Can anyone give me their thoughts. How is the lense clarity? How would you stacke them up to NcStar? Would love any advice, I am looking for a longer range scope to put on my target/varmint AR .223. Thinking about the 6-24.

#6 acousticmood

acousticmood

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 09:48 PM

Wow, side focus in a hawke - those are sweet!

#7 Rob

Rob

The Varmint Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 11:58 PM

Happy New Year Red....had a GREAT day at the range with my new Hawke you sent.The Remington Varmint 22-250 was loaded up with 38gr H380 pushing a Nosler 40 Gr bullet. Standard load..nothing unusual by any measure.RESULTS:Holes touching holes at 20X @ 100 yards (not much of a challenge), but it was nice to see the scope working at 10X and 20X with no issues. Good brightness, clarity and focus.I am very pleased with the glass.I'm all zeroed in...now get me some hot weather and some pesky varmints! :signgreatreport3kg:

#8 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 10:45 AM

Glad you are pleased with your Hawke scope. I mounted a new Hawke Varmint side-focus on my AR .204 build but I have been so busy, I've not had a chance to get out to try it. Between the rain, work and household projects I have not had a moment to myself. Hawke optics are an excellent value. More of the members need to give Hawke a try.

#9 JimT.

JimT.

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 04:58 PM

Hi Red, aren't there new higher end scopes that Hawke has? I check ebay first and I see what they have, a 4-16x for $379.99. What's the story on that? Should I wait a few more months?

#10 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,159 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 12 January 2011 - 07:02 PM

Are other reticles like SR's available on the these new scopes?HK5134 - 4-16 X 44 - $169.99What are the advantages/disadvantages of the HK3271 4-16x50 SF Eclipse 30 over the HSK134? I notice a huge weight difference.I am thinking of a replacement for my new .25 Marauder and thought it was time to try a Hawke.

I'm an airgunholic

#11 Kephers

Kephers

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and Shooting

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:52 PM

I may try one of these. I just bought a new AR ( by the way 9 more days and its mine!!!). So looking for some pieces for it. Its a ar15/m4 style. Gonna be getting a new upper though. But for now I want free floating handguard on it, low profile gas block, no front sight assembly, bipod and a new scope. You know? The works :D If this scope is good I'm going to have to get it. The 6-24 is what I'm looking at for varmint/target shooting
OORAH! SEMPER FI!
Call Me Keith!
1 Round Varmint War!

#12 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 07:21 AM

Yup, I mounted the new 6 X 24 Varmint scope on my .204 AR build. I am also excited about the new side focus Night Eye scopes. They are available but I am awaiting some product photos from Hawke so I can post them in my web store. I may have to pick one of those up too. They're nice because of the etched glass, lighted reticle. And like all Hawke scopes, the illumination does not "bloom" inside the scope. The only thing that is illuminated is the reticle itself. 99% of the other illuminated scopes I have looked at have way too much flare/light inside the scope. If you are considering a scope with an illuminated reticle, check the scope in a dark place. If the inside of the scope lights up when you switch on the illumination, put it down and walk away.

#13 Kephers

Kephers

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 10:35 AM

Thinking I want to go with one of the 6-24x44 scopes for my AR or maybe using that for my Remmy 700 223 and putting the leupold 3-9x40 on my AR. Suggestions anyone?
OORAH! SEMPER FI!
Call Me Keith!
1 Round Varmint War!

#14 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 12:10 PM

Lets put Red on the spot. I am hooked on the Sidewinder Tactical 6-20x42 (or there is a 8.5-25x) that is a 30mm tube and has a 20x mil dot reticle plus it is illuminated. Then there are the Night Eye scopes and now the new varmint scopes all at different price points. There are just too many choices....Please compare and contrast the different series..... Thanks.Brant

I'm an airgunholic

#15 Kephers

Kephers

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 01:55 PM

Or desert which is the top of the line varmint/target scope you have to offer with mil dots and is illuminated and are the choices only 1/4 or 1/2 MOA or just 1/2 MOA? Looking to get one for my AR15/Remmy 700 both in 223. What you got thats your best with the choices I asked for. ..../coffee
OORAH! SEMPER FI!
Call Me Keith!
1 Round Varmint War!

#16 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 04:17 PM

So does the 6-24x44mm Varmint SF have a 20x mil dot reticle like the SIdewinder tactical 6-20x42 or is it 10x? For most of my shooting 10x would be fine.My buddy just picked up a 2.5-10x from Red for his Marauder Pistol.

I'm an airgunholic

#17 chino

chino

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 06:45 PM

Desert_Dog do any of this scopes come with the BDC reticle? and will the hold on an AR15? Are you any close to San Diego?

#18 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,902 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:14 AM

Sent your link to a Couple of friends of mine. I am pretty sure one will by a scope right away from you and the other one will when he can afford it.
Raith Heryford's Guide Service  Salmon, Trout & Steel Head | Striper, Sturgeon & Shad | Duck & Goose HuntingYuba /Sutter Northern CaliforniaCALL 530-870-2697 or emailQuit blowing on the Fur and get to the Hide.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users