#1 Bigfoot

Bigfoot

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Motorcycling, Camping

Posted 10 December 2010 - 02:21 PM

I bought these stoney point scissor style sticks that said they were 12" to 30 something. I find for a heavier rifle, the range is pretty limited because the legs can't stretch out too for or they slide out.I'm thinking telescopic is a better way to go, but I don't have much experience to know any better. What do you use or recommend for shooting while sitting on the ground? I don't think I really want a huge bipod on my rifle either.

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,683 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 10 December 2010 - 02:34 PM

Try a search in the equipment forum. There are too many topics about them to cut and paste here. Good luck

#3 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,116 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 03:21 PM

ShooterJohn told you right.. lots of posts on shooting sticks and Bipods. I use both, and both have their limits. Id suggest looking at Varmint Al's site, and build your own for a few dollars and give them a try. Dont forget the nails in the ends of the sticks. Thats what makes them stick well. Good luck.

#4 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 10 December 2010 - 03:55 PM

Well, I lost count on how many shooting stix and bypods I own. UGH! :rolleyes: I use bypods for big game and shooting stix for predators. That has worked the best for me.Currently my favorite shooting stix are called "Predator Sniper Styx" (pss-38 camo) for $39.95 at ALLPREDATORCALLS.COM. (pricey, I know). However, I liked them so well, I had to have a 2nd set. They are 38" tall, camo & light weight. Oh, ALLPREDATORCALLS is currently out of them as I just checked, but they'll get more. Also, ditto what Grant said on the nails at the bottom. The styx I mentioned above have sharp points (that you should put glue on before installing on the styx.Good LuckFrank

#5 CaseyU

CaseyU

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, being outdoors, hanging with my family and friends

Posted 10 December 2010 - 04:17 PM

Simple Pole cats!!!! you can't beat them. I have had mine for two ROUGH seasons. From twenty below to a foot of mud there still going strong! best of luck to you!

#6 Bigfoot

Bigfoot

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Motorcycling, Camping

Posted 11 December 2010 - 12:59 PM

Hey, I searched and found a ton of posts! hah, thanks, didn't realize how common the question was. I'll check out these suggestions too.Thank you,Mike

#7 zippy1970

zippy1970

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 01:02 PM

Not sure of the brand I got but they were missed priced & got them cheaper than they should have been . Fixed ( not extended ) would be about 22" , then you can adjust up to the nest 40 " or so , then the 3rd ext comes out making it possible to almost shoot fully erected . funny word . so that would put the " U " around 58 - 60" s . I am 6'2" and shoot off them standing . not sure of brand . There is a paw print on the feet . I think I spent 40.00 for them . can definately say that they have increased my hit ratio . Use them for walking hunting . Andy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users