7 replies to this topic

#1 nomadsurfer7

nomadsurfer7

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 07:44 AM

just wondering if anyone had an opinion on a martin jaguar takedown for a new archer?

#2 CaliCreole

CaliCreole

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 02:30 PM

Im new here, but thought i would chime in on this, I hear some pretty bad things about them, the price is reasonable (i believe they are about $150) but I hear lots of reports of cracking etc.. IMO i would use that money to buy a decent used recurve

#3 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,712 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 07 December 2010 - 10:27 PM

Ditto.
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#4 BullsEye

BullsEye

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 10:32 PM

I don't know about their recurves but Martin makes a great compound bow. I use to shoot a jaguar or cougar I forgot what it was called but it was a nice bow. I sold it cause I moved out of the country. Check out the Alien X and the Firecat TR-2 they are shooting over 340fps. Thats like a laser beam in the archery world. Good luck and have fun.

#5 nomadsurfer7

nomadsurfer7

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:34 AM

thanks,but I think he is more interested in a recurve than compound.I also agree that martin has a great rep

#6 Baja_Traveler

Baja_Traveler

Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 07:23 AM

I've shot a Martin Hunter takedown since I was in high school, still have it and shoot it regularly. It's a nice bow, but in 1980 cost me more than the one you are looking at now, so its a "you get what you pay for" thing...

If you can get arrested for hunting or fishing without a license, but not for being in the country illegally,… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

#7 nomadsurfer7

nomadsurfer7

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 04:40 PM

the martin hunter is a great bow.this is a less expensive bow but after limb savers and beaver balls its quiet and fast,but I was more interested if any one had any bad experiences with one

#8 leftfoot

leftfoot

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 08:42 AM

I had a very good friend (may he rest in peace) give me a Bear Kodiak once and I just loved the way it shot. They're not expensive and in the right wieght they make great adittions to any bow collection. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users