15 replies to this topic

#1 Hutch

Hutch

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:37 PM

What is the scoop on these( Plum Crazy )? Are they legal in Cali. Is there any kind of updated OLL list. For ex. is Aero Percision GTG?

#2 nitis

nitis

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:56 PM

The complete lowers are GTG with a bullet button installed prior to shipment into California according to what I have read on CAL GUNS. There are some dealers in SOCAL that are stocking them I am just kinda holding out for someone a little more local to get some in. I really want to use one for a coyote build with a 6x45 uppper you could build the whole gun for under 700 including shipping and FFL transfer feesI was wondering how long it would be before someone asked about them on hereIf you want I have the info on a place in Vegas that has california compliant ones ready to ship to your FFL

#3 Hutch

Hutch

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 10:41 PM

New Frontier? I have it. You just don't hear much about PC lowers. Do you have the Calguns link for the Plum Crazy verbage? It seems the OLL is a little out of date, but i am not sure.

#4 5150Marcelo

5150Marcelo

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 10:41 PM

stripped lowers that are not listed by name are legal (OLL= Off list lowers). Built lowers must be compliant with bullet button, or a non pistol grip (featureless)

#5 Hutch

Hutch

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 10:22 AM

Ok, just want to be sure I understand, I can buy any off list, stripped lower, as long as it is made to be featureless or has bullet button. Is this correct?

#6 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • Interests:Hunting i.e. deer, varmints, yotes. Target Shooting, Trap Shooting.

Posted 07 December 2010 - 11:44 AM

Yes that is correct for centerfire. Now if you are doing a dedicated rimfire you don't need a BB or go featureless. Case in point my Spikes ST-22 in 22lr has mega evil features and no Bullet ButtonPosted Image

#7 .22guy

.22guy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 12:48 PM

That might be the most evil .22 I've ever seen! Very tacti-cool! :lol:

#8 nitis

nitis

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 08:10 PM

Is anyone stocking these in the Sacramento Stockton area? I just have a hard time justfying 75+ in transfer fees for a 140$ item

#9 Yateswell

Yateswell

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 08:20 PM

This is the evil for jacks and squeaks

#10 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 08:42 AM

Is anyone stocking these in the Sacramento Stockton area? I just have a hard time justfying 75+ in transfer fees for a 140$ item

Are you refering to the "Plum Crazy" lowers?

#11 nitis

nitis

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 04:55 PM

Yes bronco looking for theplumcrazy

#12 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:51 PM

Call Ryan at JK Supply in Ione. I doubt he has any in stock but he should be able to get you one. Hell he's in your neck of the woods too. 209.274.2383

#13 nitis

nitis

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 08:15 PM

I talked to him already he isnt going to stock them he didnt think there was enough money in them I usually try things through him first

#14 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,355 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 07:20 AM

I just found out those are polymer lowers so they must be almost the same as the carbon fiber model from bushmaster.

#15 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 09:28 AM

The difference is that the Plum Crazy lowers have polymer fire control group where the Bushmasters fire control group are metal. The only metal parts on the PC lowers are the buffer tube, buffer, buffer spring and castle nut. Here is a pretty good review from another forum regarding the Plum Crazy Lowers.http://www.predatorm...m...5966&page=1Then again here is some more information on the PC lowershttp://www.thehighro...ad.php?t=503501

#16 hsiehjohn

hsiehjohn

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Interests:Deep sea fishing for Tuna, hunting wild pigs and coyotes.

Posted 09 December 2010 - 09:34 AM

I just found out those are polymer lowers so they must be almost the same as the carbon fiber model from bushmaster.

Not even close to carbon fiber. I looked at one at a local gun store, they are goofy. Its basically plastic, polymer just sounds fancy so they can charge more. Plastic hammer, grip, housing. You might crack it if you sit on it. Its ok for a budget build if cash is very limited, but I would save the money and get a metal lower.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users