5 replies to this topic

#1 THE KNOT

THE KNOT

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 10:02 PM

About a year ago i came upon this gun for $60 after one shot i knew it had power but the trigger was harsh . So a few days ago i took it to cobra where mike tuned up the trigger and it's smooth as silk now short 1st and crisp light 2nd i cant believe how different it shoots now. Over the crony with six pumps it spits .17cal 10 grain cp's at 707 fps . Had some time and went to the chicken coop to shoot her today and found these 2 jumping around in the trees both where harvested at 25 yards . with the peep sight and red nail polish on the nose it was easy pickings head shots on both leaning on my jeep.Posted Image

#2 Yodel Dog

Yodel Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Interests:Guns and hunting, fishing when I can.

Posted 04 December 2010 - 10:48 PM

Looks good TK, I like the nickle. Thumps the Grays nice also.

#3 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 05 December 2010 - 06:25 AM

Way to go Knot...!! Those pumpers can be fun. I have a 1975 Sheridan .20 cal that shot pretty good using Benjamin Cylindricals at 650 FPS...(it's getting the steroid treatment at Tim's Mac 1 Airguns)...can't wait to get it back..

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,667 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 05 December 2010 - 09:05 AM

Good shooting Chris! That's a sweet little shooter you got for a steal.

#5 THE KNOT

THE KNOT

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 09:32 PM

Thanks guys CH I've seen your gun it got me thinking along with johns posting his Sheridan i was ready and found my 397 by chance . being at the shop {cobraairguns.com} at the right time i wanted .20cal but i also shot 16 grain eun jins at 545 fps with 6 pumps . It easy to get to 6 and it's real solid so for now stock is real good mike at the shop put a lighter spring in and polished up the trigger surfaces and it's a crisp semi 2 stage right now . I have given steroiding thought but I'm going for a talon ss in.20cal to round out my quiver should have it by the new year . It's funny with the benji i shoot targets and spinners my other six guns pest hunt only silly but i don't mind pumping it. Thanks to all the members here for posting there benji's and Sheridan's it always kept me looking for mine as a kid in the 70's my crossman 766 in 22 cal did me right but a dan in .17cal was my friends slayer and always had me jealous .

#6 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:23 PM

Nice shooting on the squirrels. Those air rifles were the one's when I was a kid. Still have mine in 5mm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users