3 replies to this topic

#1 rdsii64

rdsii64

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 07:36 PM

If I am correct in the state of california you cannot attach a ND3 or similar device to a firearm. In light of this I would like to pose a question.Since it is powered by a pair of 3 volt batteries (ie less than 9 volts) and is self contained, could you use it hand held assuming its legal to use a light to night hunt in your location.

#2 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,738 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 29 November 2010 - 07:58 PM

If its off the gun or any other weapon and self powerd its just a flash light. I would think so. But Im no expert on that stuff.
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#3 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 30 November 2010 - 09:55 AM

If it is not attached to your weapon, it should be legal. Dang, those things are sure pricey though. A good red CREE diode flashlight would work just as well for a fraction of the cost.
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." Winston Churchill

#4 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 01 December 2010 - 10:02 PM

You can use it as a hand held light. I use mine (ND3x40) hand held up against the scope of my rifle with my off hand. My rifle is on my BOGPOD sticks which allows me to pan left or right and still keep my hands on the rifle and light. They're also great for lighting up illegals in the desert so the BP can see them easily. Too bad there isn't a bounty on illegals, I'd be rich by now.
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users