21 replies to this topic

#1 lenny

lenny

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Location:Buena Park, CA............. 17 Coyote kills.. 1 Bob Cat
  • Interests:hunting/offroad racing/drinking beer at the river and drinking beer.

Posted 29 November 2010 - 08:48 AM

Well after seeing Jeff's Tacoma (TACO) had to get one,took it out sunday and im very happy,rides nice on the hwy & dirt not a class 1 car by any means but not a mac truck like my crew cab.Attached File  1.jpg   20.42KB   30 downloads

#2 .22guy

.22guy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 10:11 AM

They are great trucks. I've been driving my 99 for 12 years now and it never lets me down.

#3 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 29 November 2010 - 12:38 PM

Yup...I agree. That was one of the most reliable and trouble free trucks I have ever owned.
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." Winston Churchill

#4 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 02:26 PM

Welcome to the club.
Sacramento Skull Works ...on Facebook!
Using Dermestid beetles to produce museum quality skulls for your trophy collection.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#5 Yateswell

Yateswell

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 07:17 PM

These are nice truck, been itching to get one myself...

#6 lenny

lenny

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Interests:hunting/offroad racing/drinking beer at the river and drinking beer.

Posted 15 December 2010 - 07:25 AM

Well the Taco's ready for our Chrismas/New Years trip to Baja.Attached File  1.jpg   15.12KB   18 downloadsHeres one openAttached File  2.jpg   15.71KB   19 downloadsAttached File  3.jpg   17.8KB   19 downloads

#7 .22guy

.22guy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 08:42 AM

That's quite a tent you have there. I've never seen anything like that before.

#8 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 05:52 AM

Here's a rack that I built for my brother to mount his tent on his TACO, Those things are pretty cool.Posted Image

#9 Lucy06

Lucy06

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Archery, Shooting, Snowboarding, Mountain Biking and Furums of Course.

Posted 17 December 2010 - 07:12 AM

Attached File  1.jpg   15.12KB   18 downloads

That is awesome, how is it supported once it is open? How much weight can it hold?

#10 B-ZONE

B-ZONE

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 02:37 PM

Well after seeing Jeff's Tacoma (TACO) had to get one,took it out sunday and im very happy,rides nice on the hwy & dirt not a class 1 car by any means but not a mac truck like my crew cab.Attached File  1.jpg   20.42KB   30 downloads

would you like to buy aq Yakima rack for the truck...I have a BRAND new...never open set for the Tacoma....comes with everything except that i dont have the basket like Jeff...

#11 lenny

lenny

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 03:01 PM

That is awesome, how is it supported once it is open? How much weight can it hold?

Onces it open it has a stop plate and the ladder supports it,It wgt is 125lb.

would you like to buy aq Yakima rack for the truck...I have a BRAND new...never open set for the Tacoma....comes with everything except that i dont have the basket like Jeff...

Not at this time but if I change my mind Ill let ya know Thanks.

#12 lenny

lenny

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 04:37 PM

Put a bumper and winch in a couple weeks ago,found the snorkel on craigs list,Im planing a trip on the mojave trail next month,camping and some coyote hunting along the way,Barstow to RiverAttached File  1.jpg   17.7KB   5 downloads

#13 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,712 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 27 September 2011 - 02:22 PM

Snorkle I want to see pics when you use it. Thats cool don't give me any ideas . How come theres no scratches on that truck yet. :D
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#14 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts
  • Interests:I've got so many I couldn't list them all. :)

Posted 27 September 2011 - 02:46 PM

Very nice! I own a 1992 Toyota 4x4 and it still runs pretty darn good for being almost 20 years old. I'm sure it would run even better if I would take the time to get it tuned up again. It has well over 350,000 miles on it too. I think you will be happy with the reliability of that truck. :D

#15 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 06:16 PM

Snorkle I want to see pics when you use it. Thats cool don't give me any ideas . How come theres no scratches on that truck yet. :signs1180lq:

Most guys put snorkels on their rigs for the looks, not that that's the case here. I'm just sayin..

#16 lenny

lenny

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 07:08 PM

I got the snorkel for $200 and yes i said the same thing,I never go in water but there is one good water crossing on the mojave trail,Ive got almost 10k on this truck in less then a year,been good on the scatches but alot of rock rash down low

#17 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 07:41 PM

I'm not bashing you for ptting the snorkel on just stating the facts. Remember that you need to seal your electrical system before doing a water crossing that is deep enough to need that snorkel and make sure the breather tubes for your diff is extended up high enough.

#18 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,206 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:11 AM

looks mean.....so what's the gas mileage on those taco trucks and what size motor do you have in it?I have never seen a tent like that either.I am thinking if I get in that thing it will calapse :)

#19 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:25 AM

I don't have a snorkle, and I've got pics of my Tacoma in water over the hood. As long as you keep moving, you don't need to get made fun of.
Using Dermestid beetles to produce museum quality skulls for your trophy collection.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#20 lenny

lenny

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:42 AM

looks mean.....so what's the gas mileage on those taco trucks and what size motor do you have in it?I have never seen a tent like that either.I am thinking if I get in that thing it will calapse :)

The 32 x 11.50 are the same as stock just wider so my mileage is Ok as long as im nice to the peddle 65/17.5mpg 75/16.0mpg 80plus/15mpg,the bed is strong the only thing is when me and my wife go camping you can fill when each other moves around (makes the hole truck move)3.4 v6 its good power not great!!!!

#21 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:45 AM

I can't accurately get my mileage because my odometer was never recalibrated for the 33's, but with the lift, bumpers, and the rack, I think I'm lucky to be getting 11 mpg. IT SUCKS up the gas.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#22 lenny

lenny

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:13 PM

Jeff I put this roof rack on and it killed my MPG from 15/17 to 13/15 or worse if its windy,and it sounded like a F16 was going to land on the roof,I pulled it off,Attached File  2.jpg   20.54KB   3 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users