5 replies to this topic

#1 winxp_man

winxp_man

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 11:53 PM

Here are pics that I ran on OnTarget after todays range trip. The nice thing was it only took me 5 shots to sight in the rifle :DThis is the rifle I have some pics posted in the rifle picture thread.Posted ImageNow here are todays tagets pics with the reloading data and OnTarget measurements.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Shoot to Kill not to wound !

#2 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,902 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 27 November 2010 - 09:51 AM

Nice shooting. Some of those groups are really nice.
Raith Heryford's Guide Service  Salmon, Trout & Steel Head | Striper, Sturgeon & Shad | Duck & Goose HuntingYuba /Sutter Northern CaliforniaCALL 530-870-2697 or emailQuit blowing on the Fur and get to the Hide.

#3 Bigfoot

Bigfoot

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Motorcycling, Camping

Posted 30 November 2010 - 04:19 PM

Nice, what scope are you using there? What do you use to get the bp and humidity?I ordered a WOA upper and they called today to tell me it's being shipped out! Can't wait.

#4 winxp_man

winxp_man

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 09:55 PM

Scope I got is a Hawke 4.5-14x42 Sidewinder Tactical 30. I'm using my iPhone 4 for the weather but I really want to get Kirsten weather tool they are awesome for weather. There around 145-150 but worth it because they tell you everything.What caliber you get the upper in ? Also you getting the match grade barrel ? I think they use Shilen for all their upgraded match grade barrels.

#5 Bigfoot

Bigfoot

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Motorcycling, Camping

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:45 PM

.223 in 1:8 match grade barrel. It is going to be a long remaining 5 days waiting for UPS to get it to me.What's the recoil like on 6.8? Is it light enough to see your shot? I was tempted to get the 6.8spc, but being unfamiliar and lower ammo availability (cause I don't reload yet) swayed me back to the .223.

#6 winxp_man

winxp_man

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:18 AM

The wait is a killer AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ! hehe im getting my timney trigger for my Remington 700 tomorrow :D6.8 recoil is just a tad more than the .223 you can easily stay on target. I can stay on even at 100 on 10X. Lowers that fit the .223 will work perfect for 6.8. When I got my RR lower I was going to go with a .223 build but a friend of mine got me into the 6.8 and well I dont regret it :roflmao3[1]: my lower even says .5.56 Cal on it but the rounds are exactly the length of the .223. Buying rounds is not that bad anymore the round is pretty popular now but back in 04 when it can out it was a issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users