#1 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 26 November 2010 - 10:21 AM

Yes I am talking about the people on this forum. You made me crazy enough to do it. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: LOL I bought an AA-S410ERB yesterday! Now I can not wait for it to come in the big brown truck.

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,660 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 26 November 2010 - 10:35 AM

You'll love the gun Bennie. I have one and it is a terrific shooter. I haven't had any problems with it. It's got good shot count and is pretty to look at too. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 KClark

KClark

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Family, hunting, shooting, metal detecting for gold rush relics, fishing, camping.

Posted 26 November 2010 - 10:43 AM

Beautiful rifle...but, uh it's backwards!

#4 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 10:45 AM

Thanks ShooterJohn I have been wanting one real bad for over a Year. Could not decide on what one to get. I told my self yesterday that if I went out and worked for $10.00 an hour for as much time as I have spent drooling and looking at them on the internet. I could have bought two. That is what I had to tell my self any ways to go ahead and make the purchase. I am sure I will enjoy it. Especially when the ground squirrels come back out.

#5 Mr Del

Mr Del

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 10:50 AM

Yes I am talking about the people on this forum. You made me crazy enough to do it. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: LOL I bought an AA-S410ERB yesterday! Now I can not wait for it to come in the big brown truck.

Welcome to the *Dark side*. You are going to love it. After your first day of shooting, total up how much you spent on pellets. That is when I sold all my center fire guns. Thirty six dollars was to much to spend on twenty rounds of "green" .38 ammo. I really like Your guns fill valve. It appears that if it tried to blow off.... it could NOT. I had my fill adapter blow of...besides scaring to crapo out of me, it hit the back if my hand, and took the hide off and I bleed very easily for a long time. Of course, I am more careful now and I also put a towel around the air fitting. JIC. (just in case) That is why I noticed your fitting so quickly. If you have any questions about anything.... just ask someone else. I will give you bum dope every time. LOL.

#6 MikeNC

MikeNC

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 11:32 AM

Your going to love that gun Bennie. I have the older version...410 Extra FAC and it is a real shooter. I use to envy all the posts that VarmintAir would make showing off them advil size groups and pounding squirrels out to a hundred yards or so. Now I see that kind of accuracy is almost 'boringly' easy to do with that rifle heading your way. Silent and a real hunter with no guess work on where your going to hit the critter...Good Buy Bennie :yikes[1]: And like SJ said...It ain't half bad to look at neither :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: What ya got planned for an air supply?Posted Image

#7 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 12:09 PM

I bought this to shoot ground squirrels at a couple of places I have where I don't want to bother the neighbors with my powder burners. I bought a hill pump for an air supply. I need the exercise any ways. LOL Can't wait for it to show up!

#8 MikeNC

MikeNC

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 12:52 PM

I have a FX pump for mine as that is what it came with. It works great and is no big deal pumping. If I was going to be doing loads of plinking or target shooting I can see where another source of air would be nice. I think you will find it much easier to top off the gun after 10-15 shots or so rather than to wait until the air is near depleted. It seems to pump up very quickly that way. That is if you find a lull in your PD blasting. Don't hurt yourself while having to wait for the brown truck :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

#9 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 01:07 PM

Just got a Call from Straight Shooters. No more 410's it is going to be a 510. Should have it by next friday.

#10 MikeNC

MikeNC

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 01:51 PM

Woohooo...Next Friday is going to be a big day :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

#11 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,660 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 02:51 PM

And they make the S510 in a .25cal too now! I think I see a NEW S510 .25 maybe under my Christmas tree. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

#12 acousticmood

acousticmood

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 03:47 PM

Sweet! Great decision!

#13 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 05:39 PM

And they make the S510 in a .25cal too now! I think I see a NEW S510 .25 maybe under my Christmas tree. ;)

Don't get me started! I had a real hard time choosing caliber too. Having a R-1 in .22 I decided to stick with that caliber for now. But I may buy the .25 after I think I am rich enough again. I do not think you can have to many rifle's. LOL

#14 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,660 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 07:32 PM

I have a pretty good number of .22's several .177's and two .20's. But I was thinking about a Marauder in .25. But for 99% of what I shoot with the .22's it passes completely through anyway. I was thinking of the .25 for turkey. For squirrels and rabbits I like the shot count of the .22's. A .25 suck up air pretty quick.

#15 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 09:59 PM

Yes they do. But after watching a couple of Varmint Air's videos I think I might have to try a Marauder too. Just going to have to wait until the wallet gets a little fat again.

#16 MikeNC

MikeNC

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 03:45 AM

I think I see a NEW S510 .25 maybe under my Christmas tree.

Seriously John....One time Santa made a terrible mistake and dropped one of my gifts off in California as he was too lazy to haul that extra Long Box all the way over here to NC...if he does that same thing again this year and leaves my gun under your tree...you know where to send it :signbs1zn:

#17 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,660 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 08:26 AM

Will do Mike. :signbs1zn:

#18 MikeNC

MikeNC

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 09:08 AM

Will do Mike.

It could get fairly complicated John...since my middle name is also John; if your entire name is not on any long box setting under your tree; that present just might have been meant for me. I'm glad to hear you will cooperate :signbs1zn:

#19 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,660 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 09:39 AM

Sure thing Mike. :signbs1zn:

#20 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 11:11 AM

Those are some beautiful air rifles that you guys have posted. I wish santa would leave one by my tree also. The more the Merrier. I bet I just bought my own christmas present for this year though.

#21 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 12:50 PM

Well I got an e-mail from Straight Shooters to day with a tracking number. Looks like they shipped it out a couple of days earlier than they said they would. They also shipped it for free and sent me a free pellet sampler. :smiley_green_with_envy: So far so good. I tried to track it and see where it was but UPS was not able to track it yet. I have been through this before. Probably won't be able to track it until Monday or Tuesday. Hope it gets here early.

#22 THE KNOT

THE KNOT

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 04:07 PM

Today was suppose to be your big day so i would like to throw mine into the mix and welcome you into the AArms world enjoy Posted Image

#23 MikeNC

MikeNC

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 04:17 PM

Today was suppose to be your big day so i would like to throw mine into the mix and welcome you into the AArms world enjoy

Nice...Looking forward to seeing Bennie's :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

#24 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 11:22 AM

Well it came on friday as promised by Straight Shooters. It was in perfect shape, not a nick or mark on it. Now it is time to take it out and shoot it. :lol:

#25 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,660 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 11:35 AM

Posted Image

#26 MikeNC

MikeNC

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 11:48 AM

:smiley-outta-here: :signs1180lq: :lol:

#27 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 11:58 AM

Posted Image

Will post pictures later. Got to get to the range for the important stuff. LOL

#28 MikeNC

MikeNC

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 02:24 PM

Got to get to the range for the important stuff. LOL

I think your going to be impressed with the range results....along with everyone else. Look forward to your report...and pictures :smiley-outta-here:

#29 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 12:53 PM

Well I went up to the Lincoln Rifle Range to shoot yesterday and it was just to busy. So I drove up to a friends property and shot it there. I love it so far. It is very accurate. I shot a one hole 5 shot group at 25 yards with it and a group that was less than 3/4 of an inch at 50 yards. I was shooting off of a rest on the tailgate of my Pickup. I am sure I could shoot a little better at the range sitting at a bench. Going to go and shoot it again today and see how I do. I am also going to try and make me a drop chart today and stretch out past 50 yards. I took a few shots at 60 yards too and could see my pellet in the scope. I don't know if this is normal or maybe my rifle is shooting a little slow. Try to run a few shots over the chrony today also. Here is a couple pictures.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#30 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,660 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 01:24 PM

Looking good Bennie! I think the reason you can maybe see the pellet or so it seems is because there is no recoil from these guns. Don't do like me and find out the hard way just how powerful they are when I made a target backstop out of 5/8 inch plywood. It sailed through the plywood and then a fence behind it and another fence behind that. :smiley_kewlpics: :signs1180lq: It ended up stopping when it hit my cinder block horse stalls.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users