• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ehd

ehd

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting ,and hog hunting with my dogs.

Posted 18 November 2010 - 06:44 PM

What are you folks using to holster your rifle on a 4 wheeler. ? I used to use a handle bar gun rack until i decided the vibration threw the scope off. I am leaning towards a koplin 6.0 . any thoughts? my shoulder is getting tired!!

#2 JRW

JRW

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 07:15 PM

I think your right about the rack. One trip I had my 10/22 in one of those and after we rode around all day and when we got back to camp I looked through my scope and all I saw was black! I think the vibration broke somethin in there. It was just a cheapy tasco scope and it may not happen with a better quality scope but I could see it throwing the scope off. As for your question I now use a gun boot and it has worked well. I have mostly used it for my shotgun but the few times I have used it with a rifle it hasnt seemed to damage anything. The only complaint I have is that it makes it hard to get on the quad on the side with the boot.JW

#3 ehd

ehd

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting ,and hog hunting with my dogs.

Posted 18 November 2010 - 07:46 PM

I tallked with a Leupold tech a few years back , and he said that scopes are NOT designed for sideways vibration, such as on the handlebars of your scooter. Thanks for your input..

#4 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 06:20 AM

Wen I hunt in Utah with my buddy we use handle bar racks but keep the rifles in the soft cases to keep them from bouncing around and keep the dust off of them, we haven't had problems with scopes yet.

#5 donkey12

donkey12

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 08:12 AM

I got a pair from ducks unlimited with rubber snaps over the top. I also leave them in the soft case as well.
Don't be stupid

#6 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 05:40 AM

I am scared to try mine. Although, if it is the vibration that is the problem, i was thinking of using a bungee cord to add downward pressure so they wouldn't vibrate too much
Freedom isn't free, It's paid for in blood! How wonderful, how marvelous is my Saviors love is for Me. He said that it's finished, the debt has been paid for in full.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users