3 replies to this topic

#1 black_dog

black_dog

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 07:35 PM

Anyone have a few crab traps that can be pulled by hand. I have a deep 20' welded aluminum boat that can handle nasty seas. Not fun but won't sink. Have a bunch of bottom fish and old bait in freezer. Would like to go for crab before the Oregon guys clean them out. I crabbed in shallow water in Oregon and did great. not sure where off Half Moon bay that you can sink shallow traps but sure want to go. If anyone has traps and wants to go let me know.Attached File  1.jpg   22.21KB   20 downloads

#2 KClark

KClark

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Family, hunting, shooting, metal detecting for gold rush relics, fishing, camping.

Posted 17 November 2010 - 08:04 PM

Dang, I should go buy some crab traps. That's a very generous offer black dog.
It Doesn't Matter What You Miss Them With

#3 Mr Del

Mr Del

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 02:59 PM

That is one fine looking boat you have there. I used to have an 18 footer (Western) with a 35 HP. It was sure easy on the gas, and would get up and scoot. As far as finding out where the correct place to crab, I would take a drive down to the local Coast Guard Station. Those guys know for sure. Thet might even tell you where to get marine maps. You are going to have a lot of fun with that boat. I would even bet it *fishes*good too.

#4 tony

tony

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 09:17 PM

i would like to go but dont have the time right now. I only have two pots the other 4 are part of the sea now after i let someone use them and he left them in when a nasty storm and 21 foot swells came threw half moon bay.As for good spots to drop the pots i would say in 200 + feet of water.I dropped them in 260 feet and had two limits worth over night.If you have time and about 200 bucks you can buy the stuff you need and put 6 pots together.if you have any other ? you can pm me and il give you my number.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users