3 replies to this topic

#1 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 06:36 PM

hi, my friend has one of these, its pretty old. He hasn't cleaned it in 25yrs and doesn't know how to take it apart. I took it quail hunting but the extractor pin is on the wrong side. It doesn't toss out the shells like it is suppose to. the inside extractor in shorter so i assume it was reversed or put on the wrong side. it has slotted screws and it is tight to remove the screw to what i assume is one of the pins to remove the trigger assembly. i have been trying to make sure what i was doing to take the gun apart and clean and move the extractor to the correct place. do you guys have any suggestions. i have a liquid wrench to try and loosen up the screw but it doesnt seem to work yet. thx robert

#2 Yodel Dog

Yodel Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Interests:Guns and hunting, fishing when I can.

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:17 PM

The parts probably need a good cleaning. The old oil has probably dried and the parts are stuck.The ejector should be screwed into the left hand wall of the receiver, there is a plunger in the front end.The left-hand extractor is on the left-hand side of the bolt, the hook should be rounded.The right-hand extractor is on the right-hand side of the bolt, the hook should be sharp.Get some penetrating oil on all three parts and let it do it's work. After a while, use a small screwdriver to flex all three parts.

#3 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 05:02 AM

I found a gun smith in town, i didn't know there was one anymore. They are pretty new, I took my friends shotgun down there and was informed that the extractor that is screwed on the receiver is missing. Not knowing anything about the gun and i knew that there was a hole there which looked like a screw hole. The bolt slides right past it so I just figured that perhaps it was for adding oil or something there. My friend didn't know either lol. Okay, the part is 28$ and it will cost about 140$ to repair it for which my friend is paying for it to be done. I couldn't get the screw and pins for the trigger off on out i think some kind of locking fluid may have been used, or i would have done it. it was made in the 50's so it old. thx for the info robert

#4 Yodel Dog

Yodel Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Interests:Guns and hunting, fishing when I can.

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:02 AM

Your welcome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users