3 replies to this topic

#1 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 06:36 PM

hi, my friend has one of these, its pretty old. He hasn't cleaned it in 25yrs and doesn't know how to take it apart. I took it quail hunting but the extractor pin is on the wrong side. It doesn't toss out the shells like it is suppose to. the inside extractor in shorter so i assume it was reversed or put on the wrong side. it has slotted screws and it is tight to remove the screw to what i assume is one of the pins to remove the trigger assembly. i have been trying to make sure what i was doing to take the gun apart and clean and move the extractor to the correct place. do you guys have any suggestions. i have a liquid wrench to try and loosen up the screw but it doesnt seem to work yet. thx robert
Freedom isn't free, It's paid for in blood! How wonderful, how marvelous is my Saviors love is for Me. He said that it's finished, the debt has been paid for in full.

#2 Yodel Dog

Yodel Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Interests:Guns and hunting, fishing when I can.

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:17 PM

The parts probably need a good cleaning. The old oil has probably dried and the parts are stuck.The ejector should be screwed into the left hand wall of the receiver, there is a plunger in the front end.The left-hand extractor is on the left-hand side of the bolt, the hook should be rounded.The right-hand extractor is on the right-hand side of the bolt, the hook should be sharp.Get some penetrating oil on all three parts and let it do it's work. After a while, use a small screwdriver to flex all three parts.

#3 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 05:02 AM

I found a gun smith in town, i didn't know there was one anymore. They are pretty new, I took my friends shotgun down there and was informed that the extractor that is screwed on the receiver is missing. Not knowing anything about the gun and i knew that there was a hole there which looked like a screw hole. The bolt slides right past it so I just figured that perhaps it was for adding oil or something there. My friend didn't know either lol. Okay, the part is 28$ and it will cost about 140$ to repair it for which my friend is paying for it to be done. I couldn't get the screw and pins for the trigger off on out i think some kind of locking fluid may have been used, or i would have done it. it was made in the 50's so it old. thx for the info robert
Freedom isn't free, It's paid for in blood! How wonderful, how marvelous is my Saviors love is for Me. He said that it's finished, the debt has been paid for in full.

#4 Yodel Dog

Yodel Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Interests:Guns and hunting, fishing when I can.

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:02 AM

Your welcome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users