Photo

open desert with sagebrush - FoxPro Spitfire or Firestorm?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 royta

royta

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 04:47 PM

I'm about to buy my first electronic caller. I really like the $200 price tag on the Spitfire, but want to make sure it will be loud enough for the open sagebrush areas found in Utah. I like the Firestorm too, especially with the Foxbang feature, but what really makes the Firestorm worth 110% more than the Spitfire?Thanks

#2 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 08 November 2010 - 04:57 PM

I have the spitfire and it is pretty loud (I have the volume down somewhat). You can add another speaker if you want more volume. The remote's range is very good as well - better than a lot of the older more expensive Fox Pros. The main limitation is the number of calls it can hold at one time. Mine works great and while the distances where I live may be shorter, we are calling in heavy hilly woods with very small clear patches scattered around. Based on our success using the Spitfire and a mojo I think most coyotes come if they are close enough to hear it.I wonder if these have become the most sold Fox Pro units for most hunters given the price point?Here is a pretty good write up on the Spitfire. I never had any function issues like mute button that he mentions but it tells the pros and cons. I have not changed the mix of sounds for predators that I had them preload.http://www.afreshpath.com/?p=497

I'm an airgunholic

#3 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:22 PM

One of the 2 foxpro's I have is the spitfire. For me the volume was too low even at its highest setting so I purchased an extra speaker for it which helped a lot. The # of sounds (20?) is plenty for me as I do not need a lot of sounds. Plus I like the simplicity of operation of the spitfire.The firestorm has plenty of volume by itself, which makes for easier carrying (not having the added weight of the extra speaker like my spitfire) along with the firestorm having over twice as many sounds (50?)... whether you need that many or not.Good LuckFrank

#4 royta

royta

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 08:24 PM

Thanks for the advice. I have a gift certificate to Cabela's, so I'm leaning towards the Firestorm. Though, if I picked up the Spitfire, I'd be able to get new camo for my kids who have grown out of their old. Hmm. :good:

#5 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 09 November 2010 - 08:39 PM

I got mine after the reps were demoing them at Cabela's.

I'm an airgunholic

#6 royta

royta

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 04:16 AM

Firestorm it was.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users