• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • Interests:Hunting i.e. deer, varmints, yotes. Target Shooting, Trap Shooting.

Posted 08 November 2010 - 09:40 AM

Well a group of us went to Panoche this weekend and I brought along one of my AR 15 OLL's with my new 410 upper to see just what type of pattterns I was getting. The targets are set sideways to fit my cardboard sheet. Since I don't have a lot of experience with 410's I'm going to say that the outcome is what should be expected. I set the target up out at 25 yards and the first one I was using Remington Rifled Slugs 1/5 oz. After taking my first shot which came in low at around 4 o'clock. After adjusting the iron sights I begain to get some pretty good patterns. Wind was blowing pretty hard at times. Without a doubt I think this would be good out to 50 yards for snakes, rabbits, squirrels and other small game. Total round count was 10. The second target I was shooting Remington Nitro Sporting Clays with #8 shot. Some of the spread was outside the target. I would say that this would be a good snake, rabbit or squirrel patterns out to just around 25 yds maybe a little more. Total round count was 10.BobPosted ImagePosted Image

#2 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 08 November 2010 - 10:29 AM

That upper sounds like fun. I'll be interested to hear how the 410 rounds perform on a coyote or a fox. Please keep us updated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users