2 replies to this topic

#1 zippy1970

zippy1970

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 11:07 AM

I have a Red Label in 20ga my GF shoots . We shoot 50-100rds each time we go . I take 5 , she takes 5 . we do take brakes . Not just running straight 25 . there is a " rib filler " between the upper & lower bbl . I thought if there was " more cool air " getting in between the o & u bbls it would help keep it cooler / cool off faster . am I crazy & it does not matter if there is " more air " there or not ???? The heat transfers through the forearm latch & she keeps getting irritated as to how hot it gets and won't shoot . I also had her get some padded , in the palm area , baseball gloves but have not tried them out yet . Was going to remove the bar between the bls but there is a " bugged up " allen head that will need to be moved in a different manner . Andy

#2 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:56 PM

Heat transferring thru the latch probably wont change any by removing the center rib filler. The forearm wood is a great insulator that helps hold heat, the latch is a wonderful conductor and sucks out that heat. The only way around it is to use the top barrel only when shooting singles and wear a glove when shooting doubles. Removing the forearm between rounds might help too. A cold blast down the bores from a bottle of compressed CO2 works really nice.
Sharps, the rifle that made the west safe for Winchester!

Real tractors have two cylinders and hand clutches.

My rifle is mine, it isn't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like.

#3 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 06:11 PM

Bring a bucket of water and dunk it when it starts getting hot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users