2 replies to this topic

#1 zippy1970

zippy1970

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 11:07 AM

I have a Red Label in 20ga my GF shoots . We shoot 50-100rds each time we go . I take 5 , she takes 5 . we do take brakes . Not just running straight 25 . there is a " rib filler " between the upper & lower bbl . I thought if there was " more cool air " getting in between the o & u bbls it would help keep it cooler / cool off faster . am I crazy & it does not matter if there is " more air " there or not ???? The heat transfers through the forearm latch & she keeps getting irritated as to how hot it gets and won't shoot . I also had her get some padded , in the palm area , baseball gloves but have not tried them out yet . Was going to remove the bar between the bls but there is a " bugged up " allen head that will need to be moved in a different manner . Andy

#2 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:56 PM

Heat transferring thru the latch probably wont change any by removing the center rib filler. The forearm wood is a great insulator that helps hold heat, the latch is a wonderful conductor and sucks out that heat. The only way around it is to use the top barrel only when shooting singles and wear a glove when shooting doubles. Removing the forearm between rounds might help too. A cold blast down the bores from a bottle of compressed CO2 works really nice.
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#3 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 06:11 PM

Bring a bucket of water and dunk it when it starts getting hot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users