5 replies to this topic

#1 BullsEye

BullsEye

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 08:18 PM

I made this up based on a few recipes I found and the ingredients in my Kitchen today. I am pretty happy how well it came out.Dough:2 cups all-purpose flour1 teaspoon salt1 cup shortening1/2 cup waterIn a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in water until mixture forms a ball. Divide dough in half, and shape into balls. Wrap in plastic, and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight (If you can wait that long).Frangipane:1/2 cup butter, softened1/2 cup white sugar1 egg, beaten1 egg yolk1 teaspoon Vanilladash of cinnamon2 tablespoons all-purpose flour1/4 cup of milk1 tablespoon apple brandy ( I left this out)2/3 cup ground almonds (I left this out)Acorn squash- peeled, seeded, halved and thinly slicedLay dough out on a baking dish and arrange squash over it neatly fold edges of dough around the edges of the squash and then top with the Frangipane evenly.Bake at 350 for 45 minutes then cover with a baking sheet and bake for an additional 15 minutes.Delicious!!!

Attached Files

#2 sixgun

sixgun

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 09:11 PM

looks like a good recipe bullseye - might work with the summer squash we have - gonna give it a go, thanks for sharing it
Every boy should have two things: a dog, and a mother willing to let him have one.

#3 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 03 November 2010 - 09:22 PM

My son gave me two large Blue Squash a week ago. I think I'm going to have to give your receipe a try with one of them. Looks good.
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#4 BullsEye

BullsEye

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 09:31 PM

Let me know how it turns out for you guys. Ive been munching on it since I pulled it out of the oven and it keeps calling to me. Its light and would probably go well a la mode too.

#5 sixgun

sixgun

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 02:48 PM

the family really liked it a lot, went to get me some more and it was all gone ... left out the brandy and nuts too - might add those next time, but it was delicious without them :pot: thanks again for the recipe BullsEye -
Every boy should have two things: a dog, and a mother willing to let him have one.

#6 BullsEye

BullsEye

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:22 PM

Glad you liked it! :smiley_green_with_envy:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users