• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mayhem

Mayhem

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, Fishing, wwII aviation. Flight sims, Computer games.

Posted 24 September 2006 - 11:57 PM

S&W 629 Classic 6" 44mag DA with a HAIR SA trigger (not only does it shoot if you sneaze it can go off with a sniffle) with adjustable (windage) sitesI may be inheriting this gun (dad can't seem to handle it anymore).If I get this thing it will replace my sig229 (used for cougar defence) as my primary back up hunting gun.My debate is Scope, Trijicon Trituim Night Sites, Or leave it alone?where can I get a good hunting holster for this thing? Can I adjust the SA trigger pull. I have fired this gun alot and the hair trigger has cuased just about everyone including me to nail the target holders before.

#2 rr762mmfmj

rr762mmfmj

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 05:50 AM

A 3 1/2 lb trigger would be perfect. You will need to send it back to SW or find a good gunsmith. Use the iron sights, quick to acquire when you are in a hurry. I use a cross draw holster hanging on my left side( draw with my right) this configuration keeps the pistol from interfering with a slung rifle. A chest holster( I think thats what they call them) looks like a practical alternative also.

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,583 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 25 September 2006 - 09:15 AM

Call my friend Craig who's on that gunsmith posting. He's a licensed S&W service person. He was a pistol smith when I first met him over 25 years ago.

#4 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 09 October 2006 - 04:37 PM

I have a 629 CL DX and it has a light trigger to. I realy like it that way. It makes long range handgunning easier. I suggest that you do what I did, shoot it alot to get used to it and let anyone else who shoots it know not to put their finger on the trigger until they are ready to turn one loose. As far as scopeing it goes, I wouldn't do it unless you were going to make a dedicated handgun hunting rig out of it. I tried it on mine and found that it made the gun awkward to shoot unless I was shooting from a rest. For a holster I got mine from the sportsmans guide a couple years ago and can't remember the maker of it but the #s on the back of it are 2400-4 under that are the #s 0439. It's a crossdraw holster wich is the style I prefer because when you have a rifle slung on your shoulder your hand gun will be on the other side. This helps even out the weight you're carrying and will prevent some nasty scratches on the stock of the rifle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users