• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ehd

ehd

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,872 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting ,and hog hunting with my dogs.

Posted 29 October 2010 - 07:58 AM

I go weeks at a time and dont need my e-caller,then when I do the battery is dead and find this out when i sit down and punch the button on. So I went to the junk store and bought an old c.b walkie talkie and tore it apart for the AA battery clamshell. The voltage is the same as my e-caller, so I plug it in to the charge port and I am good to go. Simple to make and easy to carry along for those times when we forget to bump up the charge.

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,683 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 29 October 2010 - 08:08 AM

I've gotten battery holders from Radio Shack too. They are plenty cheap and worth having for those unfortunate emergencies.

#3 ehd

ehd

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,872 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting ,and hog hunting with my dogs.

Posted 29 October 2010 - 08:22 AM

I've gotten battery holders from Radio Shack too. They are plenty cheap and worth having for those unfortunate emergencies.

I never thought of going to Radio shack.Good idea john!!

#4 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,117 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 08:32 AM

I too got the 8-AA Battery holder from Radio shack, I believe it was about $5. I usually keep it full of reg Alkaline batteries for those days that My charge isnt up to par on the rechargeables. I also use the 12 volt Quick charger that actually charges pretty fast. I can plug it in, while driving to different stands, and have enough juice for each stand.

#5 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:46 AM

A great inexpensive source for all your electronic needs is All Electronics. That is the place I shop for all of my electronics, caller batteries and parts for my evil experiments. Many times they have a bunch of surplus stuff really cheap. They have a large selection of all kinds of goodies. Their shipping charges are reasonable too. And....they are right here in Commiefornia.

#6 Stan

Stan

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 10:35 PM

Mar Vac is in Costa Mesa on Harbor Blvd http://www.marvac.com/For those times when you need it today!

#7 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 01 November 2010 - 06:53 PM

For my fox pro to took two rechargable 6 volt batteries, wired them inline to make 12 volts, used one of those 9volt battery connectors as a pigtail, spliced in a fuse holder with a 4 amp fuse, and wrapped it in camo duct tape. I use a battery tender to charge it. It will charge the battery pretty quickly and it shuts off when the batteries are full but it also monitors them and kicks back on if the voltage drops over time. :signs1180lq: Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users