Photo

I'm sick and need help...it's a disease I tell ya.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 27 October 2010 - 02:19 PM

In a moment of weakness today :lol: , I pulled the trigger and ordered a Shilen Drop-In, hand lapped, Varmint Match Barrel with serial numbered bolt for an AR-15, 204 Ruger, .920" Muzzle Diameter, 1 in 9" Twist, 24" Stainless Steel. I read all of the reviews and the stated accuracy is incredible. I have a very accurate Howa bolt rifle in 204 but it's just too much fun building AR uppers. If I'm really lucky, my 204, 39-grain Sierra load will shoot out of the AR too. So, now I'll just put it together slowly and order the rest of the parts as I can afford them, including a sweet Hawke Tactical scope. I am feeling a little guilty but I'll get over it. :lol:
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." Winston Churchill

#2 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 02:24 PM

:lol: :lol:
Sacramento Skull Works ...on Facebook!
Using Dermestid beetles to produce museum quality skulls for your trophy collection.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,314 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 27 October 2010 - 02:44 PM

I hope "Polly Project" doesn't put that where the sun don't shine. :lol:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#4 nitis

nitis

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 04:14 PM

hey she made you do it by putting that land up for sale blame her

#5 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 28 October 2010 - 07:21 AM

There are certain things that "Polly" is unaware of. She knows that when the UPS man brings her rented mule a package, it is swiftly whisked away into the mule's man domain. We have a mutual agreement regarding UPS packages. I don't ask her and she doesn't ask me. The most she will hear from me is the simple "Gun stuff" statement. She knows the nature of that sacred zone and stays clear.Another factor contributing to the purchase of that barrel is the fact that I am on a new diet plan. I want/need to drop 45-pounds. I have been on the Medifast plan for almost a week now and I needed to treat myself to something I can't eat. :o Hey, I love to cook and I really love food. However, my love of food has finally been overcome by my need to fit into all of my hunting and other (secondary) clothes.Medifast supplies you with most of your "meals" :pirashoot: (loose term). Most of the stuff comes dehydrated in "small" packages, in hamster sized portions. But, I get to eat five of these soy based treats per day and a lean meal (sort of) at dinner time that consists of 7-ounces of lean meat and some low-carb green veggies. Oh, and I also have to stay away from the adult beverages... :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: All that being said, I am determined to stay on this system and drop the pounds I need to lose. I want to fit comfortably in my 34" waist jeans again and be able to wear all the rest of my clothes. I am down 8-pounds in less than a week and looking forward to losing at least 18 to 20 pounds by the end of November. I should be at my goal weight by the end of February. Then, I'll have to make some serious adjustments in my lifestyle, exercise and eating habits. Hey, I'm 64 and I have had a freeking desk job for the last five years. I had fun gaining the weight and now the party is over. So......building that new upper is my reward to myself and if Polly doesn't like it, sh can...............What? Oh nothing honey.......coming dear ;) .
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." Winston Churchill

#6 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,314 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:22 AM

:smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: :pirashoot: ;) :o

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#7 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 28 October 2010 - 03:47 PM

That medifast is a hard one.. The 1200 calorie a day diet is NOT healthy if you actually do work that requires energy.. However you will loose weight if you tend to "rest" alot... A friends son is semi on that.. He was faithful for one week- lost 5 lbs.. Hes 6 ft 270 when he started..Hes at like 260 now I think.. he however was told not to do any jujitsu, wrestling etc cuz that requires your body to burn calories and the diet doesnt supply enough for hat your burning... which then throws your body in to starvation mode where it causes you to actually not loose weight.. Due to it being so restrictive, he constantly cheats...
Royal Oaks TaxidermyAward Winning Taxidermist...When Quality Counts! DEER CAPES WANTED

#8 GSH

GSH

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, (deer, elk, turkey, upland bird) wanting to get into predator hunting, fishing, mules and packing, fly rc airplanes, ride bicycle, both road and mtb. I also, along with my wife , build western cowboy spurs.

Posted 28 October 2010 - 08:22 PM

I'm doing the diet thing and also training for a 150mi bicycle ride, I keep track of the calories I burn during the training period and make sure that I use enough energy products replenish the amount used so I can train while on a low calorie diet.

#9 Stan

Stan

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 10:50 PM

Your going to drop 45-pounds? Cool My son needs a new Kite you will work great then! :signs1180lq: Like the sound of the new barrel !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users