1 reply to this topic

#1 TheRoman1

TheRoman1

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 02:58 PM

Hey guys, I know nothing about fishing but my brother and I are planning a road trip to big sur to camp and fish during Christmas. I'm aware that the regs require fishing to remain on the West side of Highway 1 from Dec1 through the spring. However, whether or not you can keep the fish isn't clear.Is it only catch and release? Anyone know?

#2 jeager

jeager

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:43 PM

cut and pasted this:http://dfg.ca.gov/re...4-ch3-art2.html(e) South Central District (1) All lakes and reservoirs except those listed by name in the Special Regulations. All year. 5 (2) That portion of any stream west of any Highway 1 bridge except those listed by name in the Special Regulations. Dec. 1 through Mar. 7, but only on Sat., Sun., Wed., legal holidays and opening and closing days. Only barbless hooks may be used. 0 (3) All streams in Alameda, Contra Costa, and Santa Clara Counties except those listed by name in the Special Regulations. Last Saturday in Apr. through Nov. 15 5 (4) All other streams and portions of streams except those listed in subsection (e)(2) above or by name in the Special Regulations. Closed to fishing all year. e-2 says Sat, Sun, Wed and legal holidays only. barbless and zero possesion.I've been fishing since the morning before I was born, have a Masters in Education, and cannot finger-out these regs!Call the Fresno DFG office or some Monterey area tackle shop.I still don't know why I read that you do NOT need a Steelhead Report Card.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users