• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • Interests:Hunting i.e. deer, varmints, yotes. Target Shooting, Trap Shooting.

Posted 24 October 2010 - 03:30 PM

:smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: Well, this weekend I got a chance to try out my new 410 classic upper. I started off with some Remington 2.5" slugs and it ran like a top. After running 25 rounds with no failures to feed or extract. It was a kick in the backside of fun, knocking down tin cans at 64 yards. I then decided to try some Remington #6 2.5" Express Long Range ammo and things changed with the second shot. I experienced my first failure to extract. I clear the jam and ran the balance of the mag with no issues. I loaded up another mag and had one more failure to extract. After 15 rounds I ended up with 3 FTE. I then switched ammo once more. This time I used some Remington Premier Nitro Sporting Clays #8 2.5" ammo. Out of ten rounds I had only 1 FTE. I compared the ammo and the slugs where about 1mm shorter then either the Express Long Range or the Premier Nitro's. Over all I was pretty pleased with the performance. Looks like it really prefers the shorter shells.
Posted ImagePosted ImageNRA Member

#2 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,243 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 08:50 PM

Show up to a trap range with that set up you would sure get some looks.

#3 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 25 October 2010 - 06:54 AM

What kind of patterns were you getting? What yardage for the bird shot?
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." Winston Churchill

#4 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • Interests:Hunting i.e. deer, varmints, yotes. Target Shooting, Trap Shooting.

Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:16 AM

Next trip to out which we are planning to have at Panoche I'll have a better set up to check for the patterning. Will be able to set up some random distances with nice 40x48 cardboard sheets.
Posted ImagePosted ImageNRA Member

#5 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 25 October 2010 - 11:02 AM

The 410 AR platform really has my interest. Let me know how it patterns.
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." Winston Churchill

#6 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,243 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:56 AM

I have a spring clay thrower that I mounted to some square tubing and it connects to my hitch .We can try shoots clays with it if I get a chance to go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users