4 replies to this topic

#1 lenny

lenny

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Location:Buena Park, CA............. 17 Coyote kills.. 1 Bob Cat
  • Interests:hunting/offroad racing/drinking beer at the river and drinking beer.

Posted 23 October 2010 - 08:50 PM

Got a Auto 5 that is done,ive had a fixed a couple times by a friend,It need to go back to browning for a major overhaul has anyone sent a gun to Browning or is there a Browning rep on the west coast.

#2 Yodel Dog

Yodel Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Interests:Guns and hunting, fishing when I can.

Posted 24 October 2010 - 08:00 AM

What problem are you having?Are you are experiencing poor cycling, poor feeding and ejection? If so, clean the outside of the magazine tube and lightly lube, then set the rings according to Browning.Browning RingsService Centers

#3 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 24 October 2010 - 11:43 AM

Their is also a long spring in the butt stock that requires service after awhile. Especially if you duck hunt. I always set mine upside leaned against a wall barrel down so water and grime will run out of hole spring is in. I take mine apart and use Rem Oil and graphite on it about every two years. Most people do not mess with this spring as you have to completely disassemble it to service. Some old hump backs do get completely worn out. Have one that way in closet. It is so worn out that I have not messed with it. Would be curious if Browning could fix it. Lots of metal is worn and would have to be built up and re machined??? I will watch this post and see what answers are given about sending one back to browning.

#4 lenny

lenny

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Location:Buena Park, CA............. 17 Coyote kills.. 1 Bob Cat
  • Interests:hunting/offroad racing/drinking beer at the river and drinking beer.

Posted 24 October 2010 - 12:12 PM

The action stop working again (like the spring broke it just slides back and forth)It has happened acouple times.Not that my buddys friend dont know what hes doing I just want it rebuilt,It has 20 plus years of hunting and clays on it.

#5 andy1621

andy1621

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Interests:Retired-Catching up on life (Hunting, Rv'ing, Friends, Family & an occasional BEER!)

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:25 PM

Your best bet for parts and service for your A-5 will probably be Midwest Gun WorksThey specialize in Browning and Winchester. I believe they acquired most of Browning's inventory of obsolete parts. They may have auto-5 rebuild kits if you want to do it yourself. I had my pre-81 BLR rebuilt there-very good work.Good luck! :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users