• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Fishwrestler

Fishwrestler

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Interests:I am an Avid fisherman who would like to spend more time Varmint and Predator hunting. Trying to fit in all the hobbies with two young kids is a challenge.

Posted 22 September 2006 - 09:00 PM

Ok after having my realoading stuff for awhile I was able to sneak off to the garage tongiht and work up some loads for my Savage .223Goinf to try to get to the range Sunday morning. So how do you guys keep records and what infor should I keep and do any of you do it on the computer if so what format. ThanksRobert
Rocklin,Ca

#2 drewh

drewh

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 06:08 PM

I use PointBlank it seems to do a good job for me, and it is free.Drewhttp://www.huntingnu...N...ticle&sid=3

#3 Stiff Neck

Stiff Neck

Big Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 06:53 AM

Don't keep any records of what you purchase for reloading. If your wife ever finds it, it's over.

#4 bzzrd feedr

bzzrd feedr

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Shooting, Fishing, Snow Skiing and RV'ing.

Posted 24 September 2006 - 08:44 AM

Pay cash for everything . Stiff Neck is right on, no paper trail. :D
Life Member DU, NRA, VHA,CWA, and The OF's of America.

#5 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,352 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 24 September 2006 - 08:55 AM

You guys crack me up! :P I don't have to worry about my wife getting mad about what I buy. :D Oh wait here she comes. :D Seriously, I write the info right on the target. Get a three hole punch and then a three ring binder and put them in that. Then if you want to keep track of it in your computer you can do that when you get home. I have started scanning my older targets now then storing them on CD's.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#6 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,785 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 24 September 2006 - 01:08 PM

With the computer using MS Excel. I record the following, Firearm, Barrel Length, Date, Powder, Powder Weight, Primer, Comparator Length, Group Distance, Group Size, Group with Flyer Out, Velocity, Velocity Standard Deviation, Velocity Extreme Spread, Temperature, Wind Conditions and Comments. Like John, I have a considerable amount of data and targets stored in a 3 ring binder from my early days of serious reloading. A17Shooter

Guns only have three enemies, Politicians, Ignorant Liberals and Rust.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

#7 Fishwrestler

Fishwrestler

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Interests:I am an Avid fisherman who would like to spend more time Varmint and Predator hunting. Trying to fit in all the hobbies with two young kids is a challenge.

Posted 24 September 2006 - 07:16 PM

Thanks guys I down loaded PointBlank I think I am goign to use that thanks Drew I went to the range today with my first reloads. NOthing blew up thats good and got two groups that fit inside a quarter(I know not nail driving but good enough for coyotes and squirrels.) now i need to order some brass, and reload 1000 for the squirrels and a few hundred for coyotes :lol: :( :huh: Fun fun fun Robert
Rocklin,Ca

#8 goguns

goguns

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 02:01 AM

Ok after having my realoading stuff for awhile I was able to sneak off to the garage tongiht and work up some loads for my Savage .223Goinf to try to get to the range Sunday morning. So how do you guys keep records and what infor should I keep and do any of you do it on the computer if so what format. ThanksRobert

my buddy is a chemist - uses a computer and microsoft excel - he sent me a copy of one report he createdI bet sierra bullets doesn't keep records like this guy - the following are the headings of his reporthe asked me not to mention the specific load data since he didn't want anyone to get hurt - he was building loads for some european weapon a Mosin-Nagant's 7.62x54R if I were this organized I probably wouldn't have had to repeat 4th grade!! LOADING # numberPOWDER grains type BULLET grains mfgr. stylePRIMER mfgr. size color BRASS brand times sized OALload dateFIRING DATA range group sightREMARKSany other suggestions for a heading

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users