#1 P.McKenna

P.McKenna

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Camping, 4WD's, Fighting to Support the 2A

Posted 19 October 2010 - 02:45 PM

So recently I came to a crossroads of building my first Accuratized AR in a caliber other than .223/556. I've decided that I'm going to pull the trigger on the "Grendel" and become a convert. This isn't going to be my first Black Rifle build but will be the first in a different caliber besides 5.56, so it should be a rewarding journey.This is the plan, this new Stick is not going to be a Bench rig and will definitely be used on Predators, Hogs, and more than likely Deer. I have a Stripped WOA upper, and complete Lauer Lower w/ A2 stock that will be used for the build. I'm stuck on who I'm going to be grabbing the barrel from, I'm leaning towards Alexander Arms 18" Barrel and Bolt combo.So here is the list I have so far:1. 18" AA 1/8.5 Barrel2. WOA A4 upper reciever3. Midlength gas system4. Low-pro gas block (Undecided on Maker)5. Free floating Rail (Undecided on Maker)6. Undecided on Scope Base/Rings7. Undecided on Glass, but looking into the HAWKE PrecisionI'd appreciate any advice from those w/ a 6.5 or those who have built one,Thanks

#2 andy1621

andy1621

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Interests:Retired-Catching up on life (Hunting, Rv'ing, Friends, Family & an occasional BEER!)

Posted 19 October 2010 - 06:00 PM

Run a search on this site for Grendel, you may find some info there. Also it seems member Red (CA Desert Dog) loves the Grendel and has offered to help members with build/parts advice.His business Red Hunter LLC may also be able to help with the Hawke glass.I too am interested in building a Grendel someday.Good luck and be sure to share your experience with us! :crazy:

#3 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 19 October 2010 - 06:09 PM

Sweet!! You are off to a fine start. You are going to love the Grendel. It is a terminator, for sure. Welcome to the clan.Attached File  Grendel_Logo.jpg   11.64KB   23 downloads
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." Winston Churchill

#4 camopaint

camopaint

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 01:28 PM

Ive got pretty much what you are looking for listed in the classifieds right now. Got loads built for it already as well! Check it out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users