• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • Interests:Hunting i.e. deer, varmints, yotes. Target Shooting, Trap Shooting.

Posted 11 October 2010 - 06:50 PM

OK, I've been looking at these uppers for quite a while. So just over 5 days ago I pulled the "trigger" again and bought one from Marks Armory in Mo. Received it today and it's pretty cool. The barrel is a 20" smooth bore in A2 classic configuration.The operating system is different and not DI and has a piston so I'll have to give it a good work out, then learn how to clean this beast. I stuck it on one of my DTI lowers I built and had on another upper. I plan on taking this down to Fandango 2010 next weekend. Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImageNRA Member

#2 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 05:33 AM

shotgun yikes pretty cool though
Freedom isn't free, It's paid for in blood! How wonderful, how marvelous is my Saviors love is for Me. He said that it's finished, the debt has been paid for in full.

#3 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 06:15 AM

I know nothing about these. It looks like it uses standard mags?
Sacramento Skull Works ...on Facebook!
Using Dermestid beetles to produce museum quality skulls for your trophy collection.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#4 Heywood

Heywood

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 06:52 AM

Look interesting, I don't see any info on their website :D Let us know how it works!

#5 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 07:06 AM

I got the upper from Marks Armory below is the linkieScrowl all the way down the're the last two uppers on the page.http://www.marksarmory.com/52901.html

#6 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 12 October 2010 - 07:14 AM

Fill us in Bronco. For what specific purpose did you purchase the 410 upper? Would it be a self-defense tool, a hunting tool, etc.? It sounds pretty interesting but I can't think of a purpose niche for such a combo. What are you thinking?
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." Winston Churchill

#7 Heywood

Heywood

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 07:56 PM

Why he bought it for sporting clays of course... Sheesh! :two-cents:

#8 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:09 AM

Fill us in Bronco. For what specific purpose did you purchase the 410 upper? Would it be a self-defense tool, a hunting tool, etc.? It sounds pretty interesting but I can't think of a purpose niche for such a combo. What are you thinking?

Hey Dog, my whole insanity regarding this; is many times I've gone out to do some shooting and have come across a snake or two and I really hate snakes. So I thought this might be the way to go and still have some AR fun. After doing some research on the 410, it seems to be a decent round for small game and I've read about deer being taken with slugs. Now I'm not saying I'm going to use this for deer hunting but for small game and just having a fun day shooting I figured why not. The only real draw back is this upper only accepts 2.5" shells and not all 2.5's will function with them as they are ammo sensitive. It seems that not all 2.5" ammo is the same length and this is a major issue with clearance. So far I have identified the following ammo as acceptable.Remington Nitro, #4 long range, #6 long range, #6 field and 1/5oz. slugsEstate #8

#9 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:17 AM

Why he bought it for sporting clays of course... Sheesh! :)

Heck, no problem as long as the sporting clays are in a stationary target such as this one I made......... :) Posted Image

#10 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:25 PM

Great Bronco. It sure looks like a lot of fun. I have no 410 experience and I was wondering what kind of loads were available. It may be perfect for close and personal coyote and bobcat hunting. Dang it!! Now you've got me thinking about one.
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." Winston Churchill

#11 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 04:27 PM

Hey Dog, I have zero experience with 410's either. Just something that kinda perked my interest a while back. One of my shooting buddies and I talked about getting one months ago and he mentioned it would be cool to get one in a AR configuration which started me on my bug hunt for one. When I first decided to get one the dealer had sold out so I had to wait a couple of weeks for him to get back to me when he got another shipment in. He told me he can't keep them in stock and he sells out fast. Those MO. boys must know something we don't about these. Some of the reviews at first where not very good due to the ammo sensitivity issue. I'll let you know how things go next weekend. Bob

#12 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 07:43 PM

Yes, please keep me posted Bronco. I will be very interested in your experience. If it works well, I may have to treat myself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users