16 replies to this topic

#1 fyrewil

fyrewil

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 10:59 AM

Just ordered up some scope for the kids 22's from Red.(1) HAWKE SPORT HD IR OPTIONS: 3-9 X 40 WITH ILLUMINATED MIL-DOT RETICLE (1) HAWKE SPORT HD IR OPTIONS: 3-9 X 40 AO WITH ILLUMINATED MIL DOT RETICLE (1) SPORT HD OPTIONS: 3-9 X 40 WITH 30/30 RETICLE (3) TACTICAL SCOPE RINGS FOR WEAVER BASES AND PICATINNY RAILS Kids are going to be excited to see new scopes when we go out shooting after I get them mounted!(I think I may be more excited!)Posted Image

#2 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 12 October 2010 - 08:05 AM

Thanks again for your order. Once you receive them, please post your honest impressions of the Hawke scopes. I think the Sport HD series are a major value but an unbiased opinion from a customer will mean a lot more to the membership here.

#3 fyrewil

fyrewil

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 09:21 AM

Will do, Told the kids lastnight that I ordered up 3 new scopes.... They all three cheered!Looking forward to some plinking soon. :D

#4 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 10:19 AM

Happy kids....the best sounds on the planet.

#5 fyrewil

fyrewil

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 10:19 AM

Ruger 10-22 before and after.Posted ImageAfterPosted Image

#6 fyrewil

fyrewil

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 10:21 AM

Remington Nylon 66 before.Posted ImageAfterPosted ImageRange report to follow, weather NOT cooperating! :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

#7 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,590 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 25 October 2010 - 11:36 AM

Nice looking Nylon 66! I still have mine from my childhood. It was a great trap line gun. That scope looks good on there.

#8 HOG

HOG

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 01:12 PM

I have the same Nylon 66, scope and all. last time out I went 0 for 20something, and that is just not me. My son went something like 20/22 using my Contender in 17HMR. I'm figuring my old scope needs replacing. ideas??

#9 fyrewil

fyrewil

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 02:24 PM

I have the same Nylon 66, scope and all. last time out I went 0 for 20something, and that is just not me. My son went something like 20/22 using my Contender in 17HMR. I'm figuring my old scope needs replacing. ideas??

I picked up 3 of the Hawke scopes (all different) I will post a range report once the weather clears up.First impression of the Hawke'sWell built, felt like I had a solid piece of engineering in my hand and not a light plastic cheap scope.Nice features and nice clarity.Here is what I had on them, they would not hold zero.Posted ImagePosted Image3X7X20 Simmon and Western Field

#10 fyrewil

fyrewil

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 03:49 PM

Nice looking Nylon 66! I still have mine from my childhood. It was a great trap line gun. That scope looks good on there.

Thanks John, This is one I inherited from Father-inlaw. My kids love shooting it along with the 10-22 (more so the nylon 66 for some reason)

#11 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 05:54 PM

I just bought a nylon 66 from a friend for $40 and my dad has one that he bought when he was a kid, they are great guns.

#12 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:54 PM

The rifles look great sporting their new Hawke glass. I am looking forward to reading your range report. I am confident that you and the kids are really going to love the new scopes once ya'll start pulling the trigger. Have fun and enjoy every moment with your children. Mine is all grown up now (21) and I love it when he stops by and spends some time here.NOTE: When firing for accuracy using your AO scope. Make sure to check the parallax using the eye bounce method. When set correctly (@ highest power), the crosshairs should not move from the bullseye when you move your eye up and down/side to side. If the crosshairs move, adjust the AO until they stay put when you move your head.

#13 fyrewil

fyrewil

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:06 AM

OK Red, will do. its a crisp 30 degree's this morning.... OK its cold!

#14 fyrewil

fyrewil

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:54 PM

Lilman shootingPosted ImageLilman's targetPosted ImageTactical shooter in the making, this boy LOVES to shoot! (Choot!) :censored[1]:

#15 fyrewil

fyrewil

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 04:14 PM

Hawke Scopes from end user:First impression after recieving them.Well builtappearence very gooddials easy to read and adjust to dial in scopeNice owners manual includedscope covers includedscope made from metal, no plastic feelGood optics on low end (3 to 7ish), higher power a little less clear (7-9)Good eye reliefI would rate them as a middle of the road scope well worth the price! Walmart had a simular scope for same price but not very good optics and made of plastic.Scope rings:easy to mountcomes with seating tape already applied to ringswrench provided to mount ringsPrice of scope(s) well worth it! this is leaps and bounds above what I had on the (2) 22's previously (see above pics of old scopes)I have 1 more scope to mount..... just deciding what to mount it on?Mini 14?RWS .177?30-06?22-250?uhg.... decisions, decisions....

#16 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 07:21 AM

Just to keep things in perspective, I would like to comment that the scopes that are being reviewed in this thread are the most inexpensive scopes in our Hawke line. Still, for the $39.00 & $65.00 spent, they are pretty darn nice scopes.

#17 fyrewil

fyrewil

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 05:08 PM

Absolutely Red, not knocking the scopes at all. Very pleased with scope'sLooking forward to getting 1 more up the line, Just couldnt justify getting a high end scope on a the 22's that the kids learn to shoot with (I'll save that for my toys!) :smiley_green_with_envy: :good:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users