7 replies to this topic

#1 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 07:14 PM

Finished this howler today. I found some good looking horns and have 2 more I can build.Posted ImagePosted Image Thanks for looking, Ron

#2 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 07 October 2010 - 08:48 PM

Is it louder than my blondie? I might have a need for louder in January.

#3 Old timer

Old timer

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • Interests:Hunting (all types) fishing and reading all the posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 07:16 AM

Why are the coyotes going deaf???

#4 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 07:46 PM

This one screams. That blonde howler isn't the loudest but sounds really good. I can tweek it a little and get it louder, just give me a call.

#5 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 08 October 2010 - 09:00 PM

Nope, just that in January, the winds where I hunt are usually blowing and I want to be able to get out and make them hear me when the winds are in my face. It's a little hard for them to know where I'm at if they only hear the wind. I've called them in from 800-900yds blasting an FX3 directly into the wind. Why change from electronics you say? It's just more challenging, exciting and rewarding to do it with hand/mouth calls.

#6 Old timer

Old timer

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • Interests:Hunting (all types) fishing and reading all the posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 10:55 AM

K I'll buy that never used an e-caller( well tried it three times with no results) all of the ones I have called were with mouth calls

#7 camopaint

camopaint

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 09:51 AM

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!Classic, thanks for the laugh this mornin.

#8 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 09:27 PM

I went up and saw jawbreaker on Saturday evening and picked up a new cow horn howler plus we changed out the reed on my blonde howler. What a difference in volume the reed change made for my blondie! Anyway, I took them out last night to an area where I've heard and seen coyotes before but no shooting is allowed due to all the new track houses. I first used blondie and did one of those long greeting howls. Blondie makes a high pitched type of howl like a female coyote makes. I could hear the pack react with yips and barks. I immediately switched to my new howler and found out it makes very nice male vocal howls. I blew several challenge howls and barks then listened for them. After about 2-3 minutes, I could hear them running up the hill and before you knew it, the lighting from the surrounding houses put them in plain sight. I counted 9 as they ran past me and into the track housing area then disappeared like ghosts. I was sure they would've winded me but they were hell bent on kickin' some other coyotes butt. I got up slowly (thought I soiled myself) and left the area wishing I could hunt this place. May have to come back with a crossbow :good: ...someday. Jawbreaker sure makes some fine howlers!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users