#1 savageshooter

savageshooter

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Hunting

Posted 05 October 2010 - 12:46 PM

I have recently bought several ar 15's in 5.56 and .308 and put some single stage 1.5 and 2.0 Lb triggers. Have more to do and want advice if Timney triggers are good or not. Guys at gun shop say they are inconsistent and break easily. I heard of AR Gold triggers. Anyone have any experience with these? Also trying to find the ultimate 3 point sling if anyone knows. I'm getting into Coyote hunting.

#2 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 05 October 2010 - 01:05 PM

I have Timney triggers on all of my AR chassis rifles and I have never had an issue with them. I would highly recommend them. Many other guys here are using them too and I can't recall anybody having problems. Timney customer service is excellent too. Maybe you need to visit another gun shop. Sling info.
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." Winston Churchill

#3 BgBamBoo

BgBamBoo

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 01:19 PM

#4 Divernhunter

Divernhunter

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fun target shooting, reloading, collecting firearms. Also enjoy scuba diving and welding. Shoot 22RF to 50bmg.

Posted 05 October 2010 - 10:12 PM

Since this is AR stuff should it not be in the AR FORUM and not this forum. :smiley_turkey_pop_up_log: :roflmao3[1]:

#5 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,330 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 06 October 2010 - 07:17 AM

:smiley-funny-post-sign: I didn't catch the forum it was posted in. I moved it.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#6 savageshooter

savageshooter

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Hunting

Posted 07 October 2010 - 12:18 AM

Thank you all for the response. I got bad reviews from the IAC gunstore that sells AR's on Timneys. I think I'll try one anyway. I've been happy with other stuff they didn't like. I currently use JARD triggers. By the way IAC sells their receivers for $150 and they are actually JD Machining receivers. They tell me they are the contractors that make the Noveske receivers. Nice and have poop hits the fan on the auto marking.....he....he...Ed

#7 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 07 October 2010 - 12:57 PM

All the AR Timneys I have dealt with have been GREAT, except one. A friend of mine had the yellow casing break. Timney responded by replacing quickly and they said it was an earlier version and that they had corrected the problem.My current AR has the RRA 2-stage trigger and I really like it. If the price was the same though, I would choose the Timney. :1rock1oo:
Posted ImageA well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#8 handgun

handgun

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:Guns and Dogs

Posted 07 October 2010 - 06:27 PM

I like the fact that you started your post with "I have recently bought several ARs." :1rock1oo: :1rock1oo:

#9 375ranger

375ranger

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Interests:Varmint hunting, ATV's, Fishing

Posted 19 December 2010 - 12:20 AM

Check out the Wilson Combat TTU single-stage trigger unit. I just ordered one yesterday, will let you know how it works. All the AR type forums seem to really like them, and only a 5 minute install. I think it is a 4lb break, which for me is prefect for hunting.

#10 .22guy

.22guy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 12:27 AM

How much was it?

#11 375ranger

375ranger

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Interests:Varmint hunting, ATV's, Fishing

Posted 19 December 2010 - 08:13 AM

Umm, not cheap. I ordered directly thru Wilsons' at $269 w/free shipping. That was about the best price I've found. I figure if it'll help my grouping, reliability, and function of the gun, then it will be worth the coin.

#12 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 19 December 2010 - 11:42 AM

I do not know who makes it? Some one here probably does. But I have a Stag Model 6 Super Varminter that came with a real nice trigger. There web site just says it is a Two Stage Match trigger. It is pretty light on the second stage. Took some getting used too. But once I did get used to it, I can easily shoot sub moa groups with it.
Raith Heryford's Guide Service  Salmon, Trout & Steel Head | Striper, Sturgeon & Shad | Duck & Goose HuntingYuba /Sutter Northern CaliforniaCALL 530-870-2697 or emailQuit blowing on the Fur and get to the Hide.

#13 Portagee_Shooter

Portagee_Shooter

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 11:27 PM

I had Irvington Arms in Fremont install a Rock River match two stage and I LOVE IT!!! Very nice take up with a positive stop and then breaks cleanly as soon as I think "squeeze".Cost about $150 installed
Q: "What do you hunt with that?" A: "Name it"-Rambo

#14 Bigfoot

Bigfoot

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Motorcycling, Camping

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:29 PM

I recently installed the RRA 2 stage, but being that it's my first 2 stage trigger, I don't really have anything to compare it to.I felt one at the range, and I remember thinking how great it felt. However, with mine, the first stage feels kinda chunky. Maybe it's the way I installed it, but I've re-installed it a few times and there's been no change.Maybe I just remembered that one at the range being more smooth on stage 1 than it really was.2nd stage breaks clean. I think I paid around $120- from RRA. I don't recommend purchasing directly from them. It took a week before the order was even filled and ready to ship.

#15 5150Marcelo

5150Marcelo

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 09:29 AM

I used the RRA NM 2 stage on my AR. So far I think its plenty fine for me.

#16 RStewart

RStewart

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 08:27 AM

You can also look at Geissele triggers. The single Stage SSA ($170) and the 2 stage SSA-E ($200) are both very good. I have the 2 stage in my 6.5 Grendel for precision/tactical.I have also been pleased with my RRA 2 stage also.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users