5 replies to this topic

#1 jslammers

jslammers

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 02:05 PM

I am currently in the market for a new auto shotgun and have narrowed down to the Berreta AL391 or the Franch I-12. Do any of you have and reel world experience with any of them? I would ike to hear your opinions. I am personally leaning torward the I-12 due to the price and the current 100 dollar rebate but want to buy once.

#2 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 03 October 2010 - 07:31 PM

I love the way the I-12 feels. A lady that the duck club I belonged to last year had one and she really liked it. No problems with it at all.

#3 dabob

dabob

Bob Morris Foxpro Field Staff

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,739 posts
  • Interests:Shooting Sporting Clays, Trap and Skeet, Hunting and Fishing

Posted 03 October 2010 - 07:43 PM

I have never shot either one of them. But at Sporting Clay Shoots the Beretta out numbers all of the other semi-autos by a very large margin. I would go with the AL391.

#4 bzzrd feedr

bzzrd feedr

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Shooting, Fishing, Snow Skiing and RV'ing.

Posted 03 October 2010 - 08:18 PM

I shoot A391's in 20 ga. for shooting dove in Argentina. I have over 15000 rounds through one and it hasn't failed me yet. Great shooting gun. Only drawback is disassembly cleaning is a pain vs other shotguns. No experience with the Franchi. What are you going to use it for? A lot of the guys at the Duck Club have the the 391 and they seem to break them a lot with 3" Mag shells.

#5 JRW

JRW

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:30 PM

I love my 391! That would be my choice. I use it for everything. I have never had any problems with it at all. Never even handled the I-12 so have no opinion on that one.JW

#6 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,360 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:51 PM

I shot a al391 to and I like it very much.I have no problem with the light cheap Winchesters to the heavy 3 inch duck loads it cycles every time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users