5 replies to this topic

#1 jslammers

jslammers

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 02:05 PM

I am currently in the market for a new auto shotgun and have narrowed down to the Berreta AL391 or the Franch I-12. Do any of you have and reel world experience with any of them? I would ike to hear your opinions. I am personally leaning torward the I-12 due to the price and the current 100 dollar rebate but want to buy once.

#2 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 03 October 2010 - 07:31 PM

I love the way the I-12 feels. A lady that the duck club I belonged to last year had one and she really liked it. No problems with it at all.
Sharps, the rifle that made the west safe for Winchester!

Real tractors have two cylinders and hand clutches.

My rifle is mine, it isn't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like.

#3 dabob

dabob

Bob Morris Foxpro Field Staff

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts
  • Interests:Shooting Sporting Clays, Trap and Skeet, Hunting and Fishing

Posted 03 October 2010 - 07:43 PM

I have never shot either one of them. But at Sporting Clay Shoots the Beretta out numbers all of the other semi-autos by a very large margin. I would go with the AL391.
Posted ImageTen Percent FirearmsServing California with all of their firearms needs - or contact us by email.

#4 bzzrd feedr

bzzrd feedr

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Shooting, Fishing, Snow Skiing and RV'ing.

Posted 03 October 2010 - 08:18 PM

I shoot A391's in 20 ga. for shooting dove in Argentina. I have over 15000 rounds through one and it hasn't failed me yet. Great shooting gun. Only drawback is disassembly cleaning is a pain vs other shotguns. No experience with the Franchi. What are you going to use it for? A lot of the guys at the Duck Club have the the 391 and they seem to break them a lot with 3" Mag shells.
Life Member DU, NRA, VHA,CWA, and The OF's of America.

#5 JRW

JRW

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:30 PM

I love my 391! That would be my choice. I use it for everything. I have never had any problems with it at all. Never even handled the I-12 so have no opinion on that one.JW

#6 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,082 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:51 PM

I shot a al391 to and I like it very much.I have no problem with the light cheap Winchesters to the heavy 3 inch duck loads it cycles every time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users