8 replies to this topic

#1 Elderberry

Elderberry

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 01:58 PM

Okay, I know there have to be some pretty good long bow makers out there. With that said, I have a really nice long bow made by a guy out in Georgia, very good quality, and I plan to own it for a long time. However, I would like one same weight to have as a back up or to shoot as well but preferably made out here from local, West Coast, woods. I can only say that I don't plan on doing business with the guy again in Georgia due to his lack of professionalism and that is all I will say on that subject.So, where are the good long bow builders out West? :signlol2iu: ElAttached File  1.jpg   13.51KB   21 downloads

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,943 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 01 October 2010 - 02:13 PM

Thumper Dunker knows some long bow makers. In fact he has built one or two himself.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 Rimrock

Rimrock

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 04:58 PM

If Tim Meigs from Carson City, NV is still alive and making bows he would be worth checking out.

#4 tony

tony

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 12:45 AM

try calling predator archery in gilroy.

#5 nje

nje

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:family, friends,hunting, archery and BBQ.

Posted 02 October 2010 - 05:30 PM

i have a couple Black Widows, one longbow and one recurve, in woods of my choice. they are not west coast bowyers, however they will make you a bow out of any wood of your choice(west coast, east coast, this coast, that coast, etc...) will cost a little bit though. widows are not cheap. if that bow in your picture is what i think it is, it was not cheap either.

#6 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,679 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 03 October 2010 - 12:02 AM

You do not want any of my self bows only one shooter so far and its mine. There's a guy by Stockton that makes long bows not cheap but a little cheaper than a widow.Will get his info for you. Widows are very good bows.
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#7 Elderberry

Elderberry

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 06:23 PM

Thanks guys for all your help!NJE, yes, it was made by a guy out in Georgia, but a decent price. Just not interested in doing business with him again.Thumper, I look forward to that information!!!Happy hunting guys!El

#8 Baja_Traveler

Baja_Traveler

Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 06:37 AM

Bill Griffen builds and awesome bow at a good price. He is out in Arizona - look up Zona Bows. I got my longbow from him a few years ago, and it is a great shooting bow for the $600 I paid. Sign up on Archery Talk and view the hundreds of pictures there of his work. He does nearly all his business from the ArcheryTalk website, and that is the best way to contact him. Mines 55# and made from Cocobolo and highly figured Bocote.

If you can get arrested for hunting or fishing without a license, but not for being in the country illegally,… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

#9 Elderberry

Elderberry

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:59 PM

Thanks Baja! I'll look him up!El

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users