#1 mtn dog

mtn dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting.
    Other interests:
    My family, writing, photography, 2nd Amendment.
    Looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible.

Posted 30 September 2010 - 08:30 PM

My only shotgun is designed more for killing than hunting. Remington 870 Police Magnum, 18" barrel, cylinder choke. No threads for choke tube. Strictly business, no frills. I don't want to drop a couple hundred bills for an extra barrel so I would like to get it threaded. Has anyone ever had that done? What kind of cost should I expect?I use the shotgun with #4 Buck for coyotes. What choke do I want? (Speaking of $100 bills... I don't get to see very many of them. Are they the ones with a picture of Meg Whitman?) :roflmao3[1]:
"If we make enough laws, we can all be criminals."

#2 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 01 October 2010 - 07:57 AM

I had one of my Rem (wingmaster) 870's threaded with Briley choke tubes & the barrel shortened to around 21" perhaps 25 (?) yrs ago. I love it... hmmm, but my youngest son decided he likes it even more. lolAnyway, can't recall what I paid back then, but am sure it will cost every bit as much as a replacement barrel. Believe it was close to $200 back then, but don't hold me to that... So would likely be more $$ today? Perhaps someone else would charge less $$, but would have to shop around, like for most things. But Briley is very well known of course / good quality.The tube I have for coyotes for another 870 of mine is called "Carlson's dead coyote (Rem) choke". It is black in color & bought it from ALLPREDATORCALLS.COM. 3" Rem #4 buck patterns very nice. May do just as well buying another Rem 870 (express?) that is already threaded and gives you a spare gun to boot? Sometimes good deals can be found on used ones also.Good Luck

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,695 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 01 October 2010 - 08:14 AM

Read this thread Ken. The place I recommended to Clampdaddy was great as they had been to my buddy. Plus they are what I consider very economically priced and fast.http://www.californi...d...ost&p=72952R & D CUSTOM BARREL SERVICEA Subsidiary of AmeriChokehttp://www.americhoke.com/

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#4 mtn dog

mtn dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting.
    Other interests:
    My family, writing, photography, 2nd Amendment.
    Looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible.

Posted 01 October 2010 - 09:02 PM

Thanks, SJ. Pretty solid recommendations when coming from you and Clampdaddy.
"If we make enough laws, we can all be criminals."

#5 Baxter

Baxter

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 07:38 PM

I had mine done at americhoke as well. Great service and back in a week and a half. Just make sure you call ahead before you ship.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users