7 replies to this topic

#1 zippy1970

zippy1970

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 03:54 PM

Finally got her out of " hold " . Can't wait to get her out & pattern her . She's (l) mod & ® I/C , with 26"bbls , born in 78' ( seller said he bought new in 81' ) fore end islighter than the English stock as seller replaced stock due to damage . I " might " just get a new set of matching wood to pretty her up . Will post pics later . One question I have is : The gun is set up R then L . The barrel selection IS changable . I was told it shoots what it is but the bbl selector / button is held in place with a set screw . Would it be worth it to change the BBl selection ( R then L ) or make it L then R due to the chokes ? Andy

#2 Yodel Dog

Yodel Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Interests:Guns and hunting, fishing when I can.

Posted 30 September 2010 - 04:06 PM

Once the safety is "ON", can't it just be moved side to side?

#3 zippy1970

zippy1970

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 04:12 PM

dont think so with the set screw " set " . I have just started " getting to know her " with out live firing . Andy

#4 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 30 September 2010 - 05:12 PM

Usually doubles are set up to fire the right barrel first. I've heard that some trap shooters will set up the gun to fire the tighter choked left barrel first when shooting doubles because the first bird gets out there faster than the second....I don't know, just what I've read. Personally I'd set it up to fire the more open choked right barrel first.Does that gun happen to have a small nub/button sticking out behind the trigger in the trigger gaurd?
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#5 zippy1970

zippy1970

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 07:57 PM

Clampdaddy yes it does have a bbl selector . Right now it is "set " for the right bbl to fire 1st . If I loosen the set screw holding it , I am sure that I can make it Left 1st , Right 2nd as oppossed to what it is right now . Whicch is Right 1st , Left 2nd Andy

#6 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,314 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 01 October 2010 - 07:28 AM

Andy-you want the most open choked barrel to fire first. That way the more tighter choked barrel holds the pattern together for the second or more distant shot. Make sense?

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#7 zippy1970

zippy1970

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 09:13 PM

SJ - yes it does . wider pattern for close . Tighter pattern for distance . BUT ... I still can't find an allen wrench small enough to switch the chambers . Andy

#8 Yodel Dog

Yodel Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Interests:Guns and hunting, fishing when I can.

Posted 05 October 2010 - 10:07 PM

You shouldn't need a wrench to change barrels. I think clampdaddy is right, "Does that gun happen to have a small nub/button sticking out behind the trigger in the trigger guard?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users