#1 mtn dog

mtn dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting.
    Other interests:
    My family, writing, photography, 2nd Amendment.
    Looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible.

Posted 28 September 2010 - 12:18 PM

I’m thinking about putting together an El Cheapo ecaller for my son and need a little guidance in selecting the best speaker for the fewest dollars.I’m not tech savvy enough to understand the specs of the various horn speakers on the market. I wouldn’t know an Ohm from a Hz if it bit me on my Watt! “Impedance” sounds like a problem from eating too much cheese. :D Before spending $25 on the Radio Shack Powerhorn recommended by Varmint Al, I tried to get some info on the external speakers offered by Foxpro. I want to find a speaker as good or better than their FX3 caller. Here is a link to just one of the eight external speakers sold by Foxpro. (These appear to be manufactured for them by TOA and Newmar.) http://www.gofoxpro....akers/toa30.php($110 from Foxpro)That appears to be a TOA SC-630: http://www.toaelectr...pec_updated.pdf($70 from Amazon, $45 on eBay) And here are the specs from the $25 Radio Shack Powerhorn:SpecificationsPower Handling ............. 25 Watts (RMS)Maximum Power........................ 50 WattsVoice Coil Impedance .................8 OhmsFrequency Response ........500–10,000 HzHorn Diameter ..................... 4 — 6 Inches..........................................(102 — 153 mm)Overall Length ................... 8 in (203 mm)Weight ...............................26.4 oz (750 g)The TOA SC630 is rated at 113 db. Radio Shack Powerhorn is 110 db.Can anyone give me a little insight? My uneducated mind thinks the Radio Shack speaker is a good choice for a low price. :D If I’m wrong, please tell me why. Thanks.
"If we make enough laws, we can all be criminals."

#2 hardyboy

hardyboy

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 03:28 PM

I made an el cheapo and used the radio shake speaker. It seems to work fine, i dont have a foxpro or anything to compare. I made it because it cost about $70 for everything (i already had an ipod)

#3 mtn dog

mtn dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting.
    Other interests:
    My family, writing, photography, 2nd Amendment.
    Looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible.

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:10 PM

Yep and thanks. I found the same to be true but I'm curious about whether there are better speakers than Radio Shack for a low price.
"If we make enough laws, we can all be criminals."

#4 Haywood

Haywood

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:16 PM

Check out allpredatorcalls.com
Ne Desit Virtus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users