6 replies to this topic

#1 lenny

lenny

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Location:Buena Park, CA............. 17 Coyote kills.. 1 Bob Cat
  • Interests:hunting/offroad racing/drinking beer at the river and drinking beer.

Posted 23 September 2010 - 10:23 AM

Ive been reading 10 pages and have not seen these questions.1.Can I hunt with my regestered AR2.I would only hunt with a 5 round clip to keep the BS down BUT I have 20s and 30 round clips are they legal to hunt with.3.I keep a copy of my reg in the stock and only shot it in AZ sence the ban,Is a locked soft case legal and want to shot it at my dads house in kelso valley Ca.not priv prop.

#2 tony

tony

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 03:35 PM

i can answer one question that is 11 plus round clips are not legal in Ca.

#3 Yodel Dog

Yodel Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Interests:Guns and hunting, fishing when I can.

Posted 23 September 2010 - 04:18 PM

i can answer one question that is 11 plus round clips are not legal in Ca.

They are legal. You just can't acquire any more.

#4 Baxter

Baxter

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 08:31 PM

1.Yes2.There are no round limits for rifle magazines in ca.(referring to RAW and hunting).3.Good idea to keep paper work with a register assault weapon. Also when transporting it make sure to always have it in a locked container.You can posses high cap mags, just not buy, sell, manufacture, or import. If you find some, no problem. Or owned them before 2000 you are good to go.

#5 lenny

lenny

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Location:Buena Park, CA............. 17 Coyote kills.. 1 Bob Cat
  • Interests:hunting/offroad racing/drinking beer at the river and drinking beer.

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:53 AM

Baxter when u say locked case can it be a soft case with a lock on the zippers.

#6 Heywood

Heywood

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 08:41 AM

Transportation requirements as referenced in CA PC 12275. This chapter shall be known as the Roberti-Roos Assault Weapons Control Act of 1989(4) The assault weapon or .50 BMG rifle is transported in accordance with Section 12026.1 or 12026.2.12026.1. (a) Section 12025 shall not be construed to prohibit anycitizen of the United States over the age of 18 years who resides oris temporarily within this state, and who is not prohibited by stateor federal law from possessing, receiving, owning, or purchasing afirearm, from transporting or carrying any pistol, revolver, or otherfirearm capable of being concealed upon the person, provided thatthe following applies to the firearm: (1) The firearm is within a motor vehicle and it is locked in thevehicle's trunk or in a locked container in the vehicle other thanthe utility or glove compartment. (2 ) The firearm is carried by the person directly to or from anymotor vehicle for any lawful purpose and, while carrying the firearm,the firearm is contained within a locked container. (B ) The provisions of this section do not prohibit or limit theotherwise lawful carrying or transportation of any pistol, revolver,or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person inaccordance with this chapter. (c ) As used in this section, "locked container" means a securecontainer which is fully enclosed and locked by a padlock, key lock,combination lock, or similar locking device

#7 Baxter

Baxter

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:46 PM

Make sure you don't make any detours with your RAW in your posession. YOu also might want to check on calguns.net for more info or the doj website if you want to be more confused.Heywood answered your question, yes a soft case with a lock through zippers works.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users