• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • Interests:Camping, Fishing, hunting, Football, playing backgammon,& music

Founder: Hunters Helping Hunters
    www.huntershelpinghuntersUSA.org
    LM:NAHC

Posted 16 September 2010 - 06:08 PM

Went out last friday in d19 first time out saw one doe and one buck didn't get a shot off on the buck. he was acrossed the draw going directly away. I couldn't tell if he was legal or not only that he had antlers about 10-12" high I would guess.Went down to A22 yesterday with Ron more of a scouting mission then anything else. We checked out three areas saw lots of sign but only two deer.1. a doe i saw at about 70yds out from me.2. Ron spotted a buck at 25yds but the brush was to heavy for him to make a shot.Has anyone else here downed any deer with a bow yet in these zones..
Sportyg;Founder:HHHwww.hhh-usa.orgLM:NAHCMbr:TRCP

#2 weber

weber

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 06:20 AM

Hello , I am currently trying to fill my A22 tag also . I live in that area and there are deer to be had . It is very hard to fill your tag if your spot and stalk hunting on the blind . It has been a dry summer and everything is noisy . Alot of the traditional good areas are now chocked with thick brush and an insane amount of poison oak . That being said I have seen lots of deer just not able to get within bow range . If your not familiar with that area a good place to start is Palomar Mtn and the Laguna Mtn areas . Look on google earth for Pine Creek Road it bisects Laguna and it will give you a good idea of what the area is about. Alot of hunters on weekends , but find a spot post up and use them to your advantage . My partner shot a nice doe opening morning @ 6:30 . Spoke to several others who tagged out already . Good Luck!

#3 sportyg

sportyg

Sportyg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 11:05 AM

Headed to Laguna weekend after this. Hope it cools down some there. I like hunting the second half of the season much cooler and no so many people running around.. I'll be gun hunting D19 most of Oct as bow closed this passed weekend. Kicked up two deer last Sat but on shots.

#4 weber

weber

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 07:03 PM

Went out twice last week , after work on Wednesday saw lots of deer mostly does and a couple of forkies . Didnt get to connect then the wind was not in my favor and just to many eyes . Had Friday off and went back and was able to connect on a nice fat doe . Thank god I got it on Friday b4 the insane heat wave came thru . I have a second tag but will probably wait until the second half of the season to go back out . I have noticed in the area I have hunted the acorns are still hanging on the trees and the deer are hammering the mazanita berries . The doe that I shot stomach was absolutly loaded with some kind of large dark purple berries . Have not seen any nice bucks in any areas were you can actually hunt . Good Luck Man ! Hope you get one .

#5 sportyg

sportyg

Sportyg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 03:04 PM

Congrats.... Any deer out of that area is nice. post up some photos if you have some. the trick on the second half of the season is to take a deer and a turkey...good luck back to ya

#6 weber

weber

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 09:31 AM

My 1st attempt to post pics .We had some thunderstoms all day yesterday . It would be a great day to be out hunting. Really cooled it off and makes it nice and quiet.Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 weber

weber

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 09:40 AM

Shot right at 50yards slightly quatering away "walking uphill" using small game trail . Tekkan broadhead no arrow recoverd . Hit slightly behind ribcage hitting the liver and lung . She went <75 yards .

#8 sportyg

sportyg

Sportyg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 07:26 PM

Congrats on the deer any deer with a bow is a good deer that doe will be some nice eating..I'll be headed uptomorrow morning for the weekend... I expect to camp off pine creek road..Had to cancel my trip at the last minute.. Bummer..

#9 yancy

yancy

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:00 AM

are you going to hunt d19 this year?

#10 SoCal Bryan

SoCal Bryan

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:05 AM

Yancy I'm hunting D19 2013. Just got my tag today. Last year was my first year deer hunting, but rifle. Had a few legal shooters patterned w/ game cam but other hunters were very aggressive and even though they knew I was there, decided my stand and my shooting lane were a good place to have loud conversations. Everybody left before noon, so I thought I still might get one...until a guy came back, stood directly in my shooting lane and took one of the deer I knew would be coming through. I'm not interested in arguments w/ armed men or the potential firefights that could happen (one guy actually drew his sidearm when he saw me) so I didn't go back out during rifle season after that. I expect to focus on archery season.

#11 sportyg

sportyg

Sportyg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 01:15 PM

I will not be hunting D19. It was crap like SoCal ran into that got me to stop hunting D19 to begin with and with the mountain & silver fires it will be worse. The Lake Hemet side of the 243 will be open. the other side is all burnt as is a good part of Black & Marion Mt. The FS said to check back sometime in Sept to see if they are going to open the burned areas to hunting. Based on the office personal I spoke with don't count on it being opened. As they said there won't be any deer in the burnt areas and who would want to hunt them anyway...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users