• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 16 September 2010 - 08:22 AM

Got a short story to pass on about a great company. Back in June in ordered a holster for a concealed carry gun from Simply Rugged Holsters. Being as how they said it can take 4-6 weeks before shipping I kinda forgot about it. Then I was gone for a couple of weeks too. When I got back I wrote them a note asking when it was to be shipped. Learned it was shipped in mid June. Wow, fast service, but I didn't receive the holster! I got a tracking number from them and it indicated the holster had been delivered. Nope, I didn't get it. Must have been delivered someplace else. Checked with the PO and they told me that since it had been delivered, they could do nothing. Dang it!Well, I figured that was just the way it goes sometimes. You win some and you lose some. But nope, Rob, at Simply Rugged, didn't feel that way. Even though I told him I didn't hold him responsible, he is making me another holster. Now is that great service or what. When I find someone who goes above and beyond like that, I just gotta share the name of the great company. So, if you guys are in the need of a concealment holster, be sure and look these guys up.

#2 ECVMatt

ECVMatt

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 06:05 PM

I have had great luck with these guys as well. I was ordering some wheelgun stuff and he asked if I had a 1911. I said yes, and when my holster arrived he had included a mag holder for my 1911!Great guys and good service.

#3 hydehunter

hydehunter

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Interests:hunting and shooting

Posted 25 December 2010 - 09:16 AM

if you did not get it they owe you another one and they go after the shipper for their cost back,it is not up to you to eat it,but I am happy they are sending you another one. :signs1111cr:

#4 hsiehjohn

hsiehjohn

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Interests:Deep sea fishing for Tuna, hunting wild pigs and coyotes.

Posted 25 December 2010 - 10:18 AM

I would always pay a little extra for great service. Nice to hear that they made things right for you.

#5 Braz

Braz

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 25 December 2010 - 12:00 PM

As I said, they are a great company and did send me a replacement holster. Since I wrote this I ordered and received another holster, and just recently ordered another for a new pistol. I like their holsters very much, not just their service. Very comfortable to wear and conceal very well.

#6 Mick17

Mick17

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Interests:I love shooting all types of guns and hunting. I shoot and reload for my shotgun, my .45, and my .223. I love deer hunting ,but there aren't very many deer these days. I really enjoy Coyote hunting. It's very exciting calling in a wild animal. I also try to practice with my .45's as much as I can. I am a member of the NRA and the CRPA.

Posted 27 December 2010 - 01:05 PM

Braz---Is this holster a nylon or leather one? I got a nylon one from "Bagmaster" and am very pleased with them. I spoke with a guy at the company before ordering it and was asking questions about the quality and durability. The guy was super nice and helpful. The holster came in a short time and is made in America!-----Mick

#7 Braz

Braz

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 02:02 PM

Mick, the holster is all leather. Here are a few pictures of it.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#8 BearWhoHunts

BearWhoHunts

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:I am into foraging of all kinds. Hunting for game is just one aspect. Every time I am out in the back country I am looking for edible, useful and medicinal flora and fauna. I am also constantly working on survival skills. Hunted as a boy for squirrel, rabbit and some upland birds. I am a farmer by trade and I work for an organic farm founded on ethical work practices.

Posted 08 January 2011 - 05:46 PM

I recently ordered a holster from Simply Rugged for my 6" model 19! The fit is perfect and it carries great! I bought it for fishing and as a side arm for hunting but find myself wanting to carry it wherever I can because it is so darn comfy. I am planning on getting him to make me holsters for all of my handguns! My holster was also ready, shipped and arrived before the time frame they gave me had elapsed! Great quick work! I would recommend them to anyone!

#9 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 08 January 2011 - 06:57 PM

Braz does he do any holsters besides concealed carry? I will be in the market for a new shoulder holster pretty quick. I now quality when I see. I have always been partial to Bianchi holsters. Your looks real good to me, It looks like something I would expect from Bianchi except for the color. I like leather holsters and have had all kinds.

#10 Braz

Braz

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 07:33 PM

Benie you should go to his web site and ask him. My wife just told me that my newly ordered one for my S&W3913TSW arrived today. I'm looking forward to seeing how it fits when I get home from the cabin on Tuesday

#11 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 09 January 2011 - 08:48 AM

Thanks Braz and I will contact him. Just got to wait a while I have spent all my play money the last couple of months.

#12 TonyS

TonyS

Dog's driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Interests:Birds, deer, predators

Posted 24 February 2011 - 08:11 AM

Most of the established shippers realize that sometimes they lose stuff. I recently made an order and found UPS dumped my order on the street. The company I ordered from was informed and shipped the item again to me. They were credited for the 'lost' item by UPS. I don't think the US postal service is responsible for anything including actually delivering mail.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users