4 replies to this topic

#1 lenny

lenny

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Location:Buena Park, CA............. 17 Coyote kills.. 1 Bob Cat
  • Interests:hunting/offroad racing/drinking beer at the river and drinking beer.

Posted 15 September 2010 - 12:59 PM

Has anyone set up a cam to see what time the birds(quail/chuker)are drinking from a water hole.

#2 lenny

lenny

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Interests:hunting/offroad racing/drinking beer at the river and drinking beer.

Posted 16 September 2010 - 04:26 PM

Will a game cam pick up a quail or chuker or is it to small.If so im going to try it.

#3 tommybuilt

tommybuilt

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 07:12 PM

My cuddeback does get some quail pictures sometimes. But I know it doesn't pick them up all the time. I have watched them come to water at about sunset several times, but the camera doesn't take their picture. It might if I moved it closer to the water hole.

#4 lenny

lenny

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 06:25 AM

Thanks Tommy Im going to try it close and low,this spot is allway great for quail but the chuker only show them selves every couple years, there ether moving around or there just that good at not getting shot.Im trying to make it up next weekend and leave it for a week,my dad lives up there so he can go get it and send me the card by mail.

#5 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 08:09 AM

The game cam (a cheaper $100 one and the name is escaping me) my friend and I setup (not at a water hole, and not intended for quail) will pick up small songbirds and ravens. Sometimes annoyingly so. Try the entire SD card filled up by sparrows and ravens dancing on your corn pile. So, yes, they should pick up quail. I think it depends a lot on lighting as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users