Photo

Where are you buying your complete uppers?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 vmuth

vmuth

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 05:15 PM

I'm in the market for another upper. I've got a RRA 20" varminter that's just getting too heavy to lug around after a couple of stands. (And the fact that I'm gettin old.) Figure I'd get a 16" fluted barrel flat top with a free float 4 rail system. Is there such a thing as a medium contour fluted barrel or are they all h-bar or heavy barrelled?Secondly, I'm shooting 50 or 55 grain pills so is the 1 in 9 twist the best application? Can i use a 1 in 8 and still get accuracy out to 200+ yards? Lastly, where are you guys buying your complete uppers at? Best price quote i've gotten is $625. That's with a low profile gas block, no sights, and a YHM rail system.Thanks Guys.V. Muth

#2 Fjold

Fjold

Traveling hitman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, hunting and fishing.

Posted 13 September 2010 - 06:15 PM

Check with Pete at http://ar15sales.com/
Frank
One rifle, one planet. Holland's 375
Posted Image

#3 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • Interests:Hunting i.e. deer, varmints, yotes. Target Shooting, Trap Shooting.

Posted 13 September 2010 - 07:09 PM

Don't forget to check with Wes at 10 percent firearms.http://www.tenpercentfirearms.com/
Posted ImagePosted ImageNRA Member

#4 BullsEye

BullsEye

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 09:43 PM

I bought mine from http://www.lanworldinc.com/You can get a basic flat top for under $500 without rails.

#5 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:28 AM

I would get one of these in the 16" (I know several people who have and swear by the 20" predator pursuit):http://www.rockriver...category_id=271ar15sales.com is where I have bought from in the past. Call them up and see what kind of prices they can do.
Posted ImageA well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#6 Baxter

Baxter

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 08:49 PM

I would call up Faith armory in Temecula or Parallax Tacatacal and see what Joe can work out for you. Maybe just check the Calguns classifieds..

#7 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 21 September 2010 - 11:51 AM

Don't forget to check with Wes at 10 percent firearms.http://www.tenpercentfirearms.com/

Ditto on Ten Percent Firearms.
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." Winston Churchill

#8 homemade

homemade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 07:52 AM

I have been building my own the last few.I have bought a 308 upper from Fulton armory and a 223 upper from jp enterprises and love them both.My friend is making barrels now So the last couple I bought from him and just assemble my own.I think he might be making a couple heavy barrels soon so I might make 1 of those just to have arround.

#9 a79flhrider

a79flhrider

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 08:43 AM

Check with Del-Ton before you buy from anyone. Lowest internet prices i've seen anywhere!

#10 savageshooter

savageshooter

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Hunting

Posted 11 October 2010 - 02:06 AM

You know that I bought one of mine at AIMSURPLUS.com. It is a complete Spikes med. barrel with H2 heavy buffer. Good stuff and under $500 with free shipping. Very happy with it. Chromed barrel and chamber with particle inspected and properly staked key. You can also get a good deal on their free float handguards. Good prices and free shipping. Can't beat it. Or if you want they got good prices on Daniel Defense stuff too. Have fun.Ed

#11 rdsii64

rdsii64

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 02:54 PM

I know that this is a way old thread, but the RRA 20 predator pursuit upper is a MUCH LIGHTER than the RRA 20" varmint barrel. The catch is you give up NOTHING in the accuracy department. They use the 20 inch national match barrel. its the same one they use for their competition service rifles. its a full pound lighter than the varmint barrel and they claim half moa at 100 yards. Mine is isn't heavy at all. You can tell its heavier than a gov. profile m16 buts its quite light and handy. Anyway I'm sure that by now you have decided what you wanted. I'm stuck indoors and can't shoot today so I'm hanging out on the forum. I got it from ten percent arms. 72 hrs from final mouse click until the ups man was knocking on my door.
http://web.me.com/rdsii64/shooter64check out my piece of the webHowa 1500, short action, 24" #6 contour heavy varmint barrel, Bell & Carlson MkII medalist, 4-16x50mm optics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users