Photo

Who says you can't dress a Pig in a silk dress?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • Interests:Hunting i.e. deer, varmints, yotes. Target Shooting, Trap Shooting.

Posted 29 August 2010 - 07:44 PM

OK folks, before I get hit with a lot of "Its not an AR" life is not set around our AR rifles. I just happened to put some new TimberSmith furniture on my AK 47 variant Wasr-10/63 Romanian rifle. What a difference furniture makes on a rifle. Anyone who has a Wasr-10/63 knows the furniture that comes with the rifle sucks big time. Very coarse sanded stock which is only good for dragging in the dirt. I decided to spend a few bucks and put on a brand new stock set and believe me it is worth it. Installation was smooth with no problems what so ever. Finish is fantastic Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImageNRA Member

#2 BgBamBoo

BgBamBoo

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 08:14 PM

#3 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 05:56 PM

Stan, thanks. Since I will not becoming close to any record breaking shots I'm taking the idea from duck hunting and figure if I throw up enough lead the darn dogs will run into it................... :roflmao3[1]:The only hunting this rifle will be used for is taking those evil mellons, coconuts and pinatas stuffed with Tannerite

#4 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:05 PM

I really like that :rolleyes:
Royal Oaks TaxidermyAward Winning Taxidermist...When Quality Counts! DEER CAPES WANTED

#5 I-Hunt

I-Hunt

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Motorcycles, Cars, and anything else outdoors.

Posted 30 August 2010 - 10:04 PM

be careful with the tannerite make sure you put it more than 20 yards away... dont ask how i know that... :rolleyes: really nice AK
A man with a gun has more fun

#6 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 05:53 AM

Minimum safe distance 75 yards for 1/2# jar.

#7 Ed Lacy

Ed Lacy

Predator

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Interests:Family, hunting, fishing, motorcycles, reloading.

Posted 31 August 2010 - 10:23 AM

Very nice Bob, those laminate stocks are the only way to go. Much better than regular wood. Looks right purdy.

#8 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 08:03 PM

Ed, thanks very much for the kind words. I was pretty shocked when I opened the box and saw the finish on the furniture. I did a search over at calguns and not too many nice words where spoken about the TimberSmith stock set. One thing that people must understand is that they are specifically for Romanian rifles which it clearly states. This being said one clown tried to put it on a milled receiver which wasn't Romanian and complained about having to "fit" it to his rifle. For the life of me, some people just don't have good comprehension of what they read.................Bob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users