3 replies to this topic

#1 zippy1970

zippy1970

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 12:23 PM

had to get a line wet . tired of staying in avoiding the heat . did not get a single bite . Was packing up and a better sized 3-4# Largemouth grabbed my crawler . But I was tangled on a rock , bvy the time I got it loss he spit the hook . But being on my toes I tossed my other stick grabbed my work rod & caught this . AndyAttached File  1.jpg   50.25KB   32 downloads

#2 Mr Del

Mr Del

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 12:34 PM

I really do think you would catch more fish if you did not lay down on the job. We have proof now.Nice fish, by the way. I hated just catching one or two fish. You make the same mess cleaning 10 as you do cleaning just a few. Catch and release is the best thing.

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,686 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 27 August 2010 - 01:05 PM

I rotated the picture. That's good eating size bass.

#4 zippy1970

zippy1970

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 03:05 PM

Thanks for the spin SJ . I too , Mr Del , do the catch & release . Thats why most of my fishing is fishing , not really keeping . I do keep the Wahoo , Yellowtail , ALWAYS keep the White Seabass , Halibut , Lobster, I do keep some Tuna and Striped Bass ( Its good ) . I let go the Trout , Carp , lake Bass , Catfish , etc go . But thats why I do not like going to Irvine lake as they DO NOT endorse catch & release . I got "spoken to " the last time there after I let a 2/3# German go after catching it . Hook was not swallowed , in the corner of the mouth . No exhausting fight . But maybe " farmed " fish can't take the being caught part too well & do poorly after release . Back in the " old days " I pissed off many a Captain as I caught many a Barracuda but unless they swallowed the hook , they went back . Andy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users