• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 26 August 2010 - 08:59 PM

Well, dove season is almost here so it's time to drag out the scatter guns. Dove season is always a good time to bring out the ones that are only compatible with lead shot or non magnum 2 3/4 inch loads. They don't get used for predator, turkey, or water fowl hunting so show 'em some love and get them into the field. Which one/s will you hunt with this season? I'm gonna take out my 1930 Ithaca NID sxs 12ga. as my main gun but I'm sure I'll be a little rusty so I'll also bring the old Winchester model 50 just in case I have a problem putting birds in the bag with the two shooter. :yikes[1]:
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#2 timmy

timmy

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Hunting, spending time with family

Posted 26 August 2010 - 11:10 PM

We're down one shotgun out here. But we'll get by with 2 870s and one Browning .20 gaI'm still trying to decide if I'll ask to get off work early Wed morning or just call in sick Tues night. Always a gamble asking for time...

#3 Big Ty

Big Ty

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, dirtbike riding, horses, sports in general, the outdoors, etc...

Posted 27 August 2010 - 03:20 PM

I'm right there with ya. Winchester Model 50 and for my in close gun the SKB O/U. It's gonna be fun for sure. Good luck everyone. God, I love old Winchesters.Ty

#4 jeager

jeager

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 06:25 PM

"Doc" is my 1912 16 guage Ithaca sxs with a fair amount of engraving.No pistol grip so I figure it's improved and modified. Best for quail.I also have "Milt" GrandPa's 1903 Parker VHE in 12. Mod and FullGoing to Cottonwood Creek and White Slough.The Model 1912 (1916) Trench Broom stays at home cause I don't got no plug.

#5 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 27 August 2010 - 07:16 PM

......No pistol grip so I figure it's improved and modified. Best for quail......

Take the barrels off and look underneath them on the flat part. You should see a single number under each barrel. Unless the chokes have been altered those numbers will tell you how the gun is choked. All three of my Ithacas are choked Modified (indicated by a number 2) and Full (which is a number 4). Cylinder would be 0 and improved cylinder would be 1.
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users