#1 805hunter

805hunter

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:MMA, air rifles.

Posted 22 August 2010 - 09:57 AM

im having trouble making a chart. please help.

#2 Gapmaster

Gapmaster

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 10:41 AM

Your going to need to supply more info, like what bullet your using, or what grain weight at least, the speed and caliber of the round and what distance your zeroed in at, then someone or myself can help you with your chart. :popcorn:

#3 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 22 August 2010 - 11:21 AM

If you don't have a chronograph to verify muzzle velocity,you can do the following:You can tie a string on bottom of a 2'x2' cardboard box and shoot on target from a benchrest and measure 'drops' from your POA to impact. I use 3 shots at each range on a small bull, ,then use average..the string lets you drag box closer to next range desired...you can start out at 30 yards,working back in one yard increments,if you want...but 5 yard increments will suffice for starters..this requires notes for each range tested..I use a 200 FT measuring tape from Sears..and reel box in..

#4 805hunter

805hunter

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:MMA, air rifles.

Posted 22 August 2010 - 05:39 PM

im using a rws pointed pellet and also a rws hollowpoint. pointed = 14.5 grhollowpoin= 14.2 grspeed= 950 ft per secondcaliber= .22zeroed in at= 10 yrds.

Your going to need to supply more info, like what bullet your using, or what grain weight at least, the speed and caliber of the round and what distance your zeroed in at, then someone or myself can help you with your chart. :oops:

#5 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 04:55 AM

Also need 'center of scope' over 'center of bore'..I'll assume your scope height is 1.50" and run the numbers fo ya..The table displays:#Range #Remaining velocity #Point of impact in relation to aiming point #Total drop #Time of flight #Remaining energy in foot pounds #Wind drift (Default is 10 mph cross wind) (I used 5mph @ 90 degrees)For RWS Super H Point .22 BC .011/MV 950 FPS.Posted Image

#6 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 07:53 AM

Note: these charts can be configured to your needs..generally I use "range", "impact" and Mil Dot holdover..'impact' in this case includes scope LOS(line of sight)...drop is from 'muzzle' only..This link is handy:http://www.arld1.com...rdonesteve.htmlhttp://a.imageshack....ehunting006.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users