• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 22 August 2010 - 07:31 AM

The Hawke Varmint II series scope line has been very, very popular. In the past week I have had four order requests that I can't fill. Presently we are sold out and so is the Hawke warehouse. The Varmint II series scopes are presently undergoing a complete redesign and the new units won't be available until late October or early November. I guarantee you they will be worth waiting for. The original Varmint II series was a great scope for the $$ and the new series will even be better. We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. I will let you all know when the newly designed Varmint series arrives.
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." Winston Churchill

#2 Dutchman

Dutchman

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 06:54 AM

OOPS. I just ordered one earlier this morning before reading this thread. The web site still shows them in stock. I ordered the 6-24X I hope the web site is correct about the 6-24x

#3 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 08:53 AM

Sorry Dutch. I saw your order and dropped you a note a little bit ago. I also put a notice up in our store. Those scopes have really been selling well. Even so, Hawke has decided to rework them. As soon as I get notice of your payment being processed, I will issue you a refund. The new Varmint series is supposed to be in stock by October/November.
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." Winston Churchill

#4 Haywood

Haywood

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 06:47 PM

Do you have any specifics on what the new design will have, different reticle, knobs etc.? I'm thinking about a new scope here in the near future and don't really want to spend more for a scope than I did for the gun it's going on.
Ne Desit Virtus

#5 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 08:22 AM

I do not have any specifics but the original Varmint II scopes were and amazing value for the $$. If they don't bump the pricing and the new series is even better, it should be a hard act to follow for the other manufacturers. Hawke has their own manufacturing plant and they maintain tight quality controls.

#6 Haywood

Haywood

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 11:47 AM

Well I'll sit tight and wait for the new one then.
Ne Desit Virtus

#7 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 04:56 PM

Does the saying go the same with cars though? Meaning you never want to buy the first model on anything? still saying up to buy one
Freedom isn't free, It's paid for in blood! How wonderful, how marvelous is my Saviors love is for Me. He said that it's finished, the debt has been paid for in full.

#8 Rob

Rob

The Varmint Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 07:22 PM

I do not have any specifics but the original Varmint II scopes were and amazing value for the $$. If they don't bump the pricing and the new series is even better, it should be a hard act to follow for the other manufacturers. Hawke has their own manufacturing plant and they maintain tight quality controls.

Hey Big Shooter...I can wait.I have a new Remy 700 Varmint Special on the way and need some glass.Am I a gunea pig or smart shooter? :D Rob SSend PM Ordering Instructions...and mounts/rings, etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users