• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 22 August 2010 - 07:31 AM

The Hawke Varmint II series scope line has been very, very popular. In the past week I have had four order requests that I can't fill. Presently we are sold out and so is the Hawke warehouse. The Varmint II series scopes are presently undergoing a complete redesign and the new units won't be available until late October or early November. I guarantee you they will be worth waiting for. The original Varmint II series was a great scope for the $$ and the new series will even be better. We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. I will let you all know when the newly designed Varmint series arrives.

#2 Dutchman

Dutchman

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 06:54 AM

OOPS. I just ordered one earlier this morning before reading this thread. The web site still shows them in stock. I ordered the 6-24X I hope the web site is correct about the 6-24x

#3 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 08:53 AM

Sorry Dutch. I saw your order and dropped you a note a little bit ago. I also put a notice up in our store. Those scopes have really been selling well. Even so, Hawke has decided to rework them. As soon as I get notice of your payment being processed, I will issue you a refund. The new Varmint series is supposed to be in stock by October/November.

#4 Haywood

Haywood

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 06:47 PM

Do you have any specifics on what the new design will have, different reticle, knobs etc.? I'm thinking about a new scope here in the near future and don't really want to spend more for a scope than I did for the gun it's going on.

#5 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 08:22 AM

I do not have any specifics but the original Varmint II scopes were and amazing value for the $$. If they don't bump the pricing and the new series is even better, it should be a hard act to follow for the other manufacturers. Hawke has their own manufacturing plant and they maintain tight quality controls.

#6 Haywood

Haywood

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 11:47 AM

Well I'll sit tight and wait for the new one then.

#7 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 04:56 PM

Does the saying go the same with cars though? Meaning you never want to buy the first model on anything? still saying up to buy one

#8 Rob

Rob

The Varmint Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 07:22 PM

I do not have any specifics but the original Varmint II scopes were and amazing value for the $$. If they don't bump the pricing and the new series is even better, it should be a hard act to follow for the other manufacturers. Hawke has their own manufacturing plant and they maintain tight quality controls.

Hey Big Shooter...I can wait.I have a new Remy 700 Varmint Special on the way and need some glass.Am I a gunea pig or smart shooter? :D Rob SSend PM Ordering Instructions...and mounts/rings, etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users