#1 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 20 August 2010 - 11:53 AM

Temps were 103 F earlier in week,so finally got chance to get out for some hunting early this AM. As this hunt was on a friends horse ranch,I took an assortment of airguns: MAC 1 1377C & LD .22, AS392T CO2 .22 Cal,and my MAC 1 Discovery .22...Nailed three cottontails with the pistols,and two squirrels with the Disco .22. i had planned on using the AS392T but it got to hot by 11 AM,so called it a day..I set up under a big pepper tree in da shade. I did all the shooting from there..Posted ImageGround squirrel from 40 yards...Disco .22...JSB 14.3 gr..Posted ImageCT from 35 yards...Mac 1 LD .22 cal...JSB RS 13.4 gr...(these pellets are super)Posted ImageCT from 22 yards...MAC 1 1377C... .177 cal...RWS Super H Points..in this pistol,these pellets work really good on CT's...Posted Image

#2 Mr Del

Mr Del

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 12:24 PM

Good shooting and great pictures. Tanks.I received my Mac 1 .22 caliber Mrod Last Monday and have been shooting every day at the range sense. I received a call yesterday from Steve.... that my TX Revolution is being sent from their repair facility in AZ today. Then I will have all 3 of my .22 caliber PCP's ( Disco...Marauder.... FX Revolution) air rifles repaired, tuned and ready to go shooting as the weather starts to turn cooler.Murph.

#3 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 01:18 PM

Thats good news about your FX...yeah..weather been hot down here for sure.....dang squirrels don't appear til 9 AM,then head for their 'bunkers' around 10 AM...lol.. I wuz lucky to get two..Good luck hunting Murph..i know you are excited about gettin some critters..!!

#4 airgunny

airgunny

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 02:36 PM

@ crazyhorse,i didn't realize a 1377 had enough power for rabbit.do you know the fpe output? is it power modded?i have a mac-1 power modded 392 at 25 fpe. it's loud as hell though.

#5 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,585 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 20 August 2010 - 02:46 PM

Great hunt Rich! Nice pistol shooting to say the very least. You did great.

#6 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 08:35 PM

@ crazyhorse,i didn't realize a 1377 had enough power for rabbit.do you know the fpe output? is it power modded?i have a mac-1 power modded 392 at 25 fpe. it's loud as hell though.

No power mods..I had Tim at MAC 1 just do an accuracy prep on the stock barrel and include the long steel breech...on my chrony uaing RWS Super H Points,this pistol shoots at 550 FPS...more than enough energy to drop squirrels/rabbits out to 30 yards max..I think FPE is around 5 FPE at muzzle..which means about 3 FPE at 25 yards or so....but key is shot placement..and I favor the shoulder shot over the head shot....Cottontails are very soft compared to jack rabbits...this pistol would never drop a Jack...but on squirrels out to 30 yards,no problem..and I have nailed a bunch at ranges of 25 yards..

#7 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 08:45 PM

Great hunt Rich! Nice pistol shooting to say the very least. You did great.

Thanks John...if you have an air pistol...try the 'crossarm' method...if right handed,bring pistol up resting barrel in crook of your left arm...your left hand will be resting on the the forearm/elbow of your right arm...sotra like 'crossing your arms...I find this to be very stable and easier to get a quick shot off...and better to do this with a rifle scope...not a pistol scope..

#8 airgunny

airgunny

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 02:21 PM

i had a 1377 20 years ago but sold it. if i recall tim does a powermod on the 1322 to some 14-15 fpe. it's on my wish list.

#9 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 06:25 PM

i had a 1377 20 years ago but sold it. if i recall tim does a powermod on the 1322 to some 14-15 fpe. it's on my wish list.

I have one of his LD .22 pistols..on CO2 using JSB RS 13.4 gr it shoots 570 FPS...think that is around 10 FPE...but it whacks squirrels down to parade rest in a heart beat...very accurate...had him put a 13" HW barrel on it..balance is very good..But the 1377C will suprise you using the right pellet...I tested many,including the Crow Mags...but best overall was the RWS Super H Points...and they gave best trajectory/accuracy because they are soft and expand into rifing better..kinda like JSB's..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users