• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,804 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 19 August 2010 - 01:01 PM

Manteca sportsmans had the durham Ferry Rendezvous last weekend was fun . I should of shot my hawken. I shot in self bow and recurve. I took first in self bow. Had lots of compition there was four of us. :drool: Bairly squeeked buy my buddy and we shot from the same spots for compound shooters. There was this pig at 80 yards that took me a ton of shots to get it in his heart. But once I new where to aim it was easy. We would be sitting at the bench BSing and eating junk food ect some one would come buy and look at the bows and quivers ect and would like to see how they shot . I would get the pig from the table . I would have to aim about 10 feet over and at a rock on the bank behind it. made me look good. Rendezvous are fun you should try and go to onr some time. Its a way to play cowboy and indians with out people thinking theres somthing wrong with you. I have to be good now my wife can now throw a tomahawk and a bowie knife..

#2 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,804 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 19 August 2010 - 01:09 PM

Congratulations on doing so well. I love Rondy's. I was just looking one up last night that is held every Novermber up here in Red Bluff. I didn't get to any this year, but have hit several every year for the last few years. Yep, gives you the chance go out, visit with some nice folks, and burn some black powder. I shoot a Great Plains cap in 50 cal. Would really like to get a flinter but too many other irons in the fire right now. Is you Hawkins a flinter or cap?

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,583 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 19 August 2010 - 01:21 PM

Congrats Tim! :drool: That sounds like fun.

#4 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,804 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 19 August 2010 - 01:25 PM

Its a cap 58cal. Plains rifles are cool . Heck they all are cool.

#5 sportyg

sportyg

Sportyg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • Interests:Camping, Fishing, hunting, Football, playing backgammon,& music

Founder: Hunters Helping Hunters
    www.huntershelpinghuntersUSA.org
    LM:NAHC

Posted 20 August 2010 - 09:38 PM

Congrats on being #1